A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

SLAVE TO SENSATION by Nalini Singh

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm finally doing my review of SLAVE TO SENSATION by Nalini Singh. I was determined to write about this book after participating in the blogging experiment. Hopefully I'm not giving the impression it is an ordeal to talk about this book, but after a few days and moving on to another book I lose my fresh perspective and reaction. Which incidentally is why I don't review more books. At any rate, I made myself sit down to do this review before I got too far from the reading experience.

Let me say from the get-go that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I especially liked being so much inside the head of Sascha Duncan. If you've ever had to maintain a facade or appearances when something entirely different was going on in your head and heart then you have a feeling for how Sascha Duncan has lived her whole life. I've had to do this on a much smaller scale working with the public for many years, and the reality of it is challenging and extremely draining. So I identified with that aspect of the book right away.

Here's the book description from Amazon:

Book Description
THE HOT NEW NAME IN PARANORMAL ROMANCE.

Nalini Singh dives into a world torn apart by a powerful race with phenomenal powers of the mind-and none of the heart.

Born a Psy, Sascha Duncan must hide the emotions which mark her as flawed. But a passionate Changeling will tempt her to reveal everything-and risk her very soul.


There is plenty to sink your teeth into with Lucas Hunter. He is all one could ask for in an alpha male. In fact he is alpha of the Changeling leopard clan. He is intelligent, tough, ruthless, relentless and fascintated by Psy Sascha Duncan.

In one of the reader reviews I checked out while researching this book the reviewer mentioned STS was in the strong tradition of some of romance's long-time favorite authors like Krentz/Castle, Lowell, and Howard. I would have to agree. That opinion was certainly what I was thinking when I read Ms. Singh's back list of Silhouette Desire books.

There is plenty of conflict and just enough mystery to make it interesting. I was much more intrigued with the PsyNet and how it binds all the Psy together and how they rely on it to actually live. It becomes one of the obstacles for Lucas and Sascha to overcome. The world created by Ms. Singh was more interesting to me than finding out who was the serial killer of the Changeling women.

All in all this was an enjoyable reading experience. I will definitely be looking for Ms. Singh's next book VISIONS OF HEAT due out in May 2007.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I found this one yesterday (YES!!) and it's up next on my reading list. Even though I have LA and I know everyone is reading that one first, STS appeals to me more.

3:19 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I've heard so many good things about this book ~ I just need to bite the bullett and go out and buy it already.

10:41 AM PDT  
Blogger Nalini Singh said...

Hi Rosie - I was blog hopping and found your wonderful review. So glad you enjoyed StS! I also just found out yesterday that Visions of Heat is now coming out earlier - March 07. Thought you'd like to know. :)

2:38 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home