A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Sad News

Life at work has not been wonderful lately. In fact, I've been pretty close to quitting more than once the past month alone. Today is my mother's birthday. A mother I miss very much since her death 18 months ago.

So after a crap day at work, which was amplified by my blues about Mom, I was pretty fried by the time I was dragging myself home after picking up my son from school. I wanted nothing more than to check my email and veg before the whole evening routine began.

What do I find when I log on to my computer? AOL News that Dana Reeve, widow of actor Christopher Reeve, released a statement today that she has lung cancer. She decided to do the press release when she found out a tabloid was going to break the story. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I feel so bad for her 13 year old son Will who has already been through so much.

After that I click on over to KarenS' blog and take a link ride to
PBW and read about the tragedy in her life. This is an author that I frequently read (PBW) and her story about her son is nothing short of tragic.

Sure puts my sack of rocks in perspective.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Scott said...

Hey Rosie!! Cool site!! How did you get the different coloured fonts on the sidebar? I hate the present colour on mine.

I heard about Christopher Reeves' widow, isn't it funny how bad things always seem to happen to good people? As for PBW's situations, I really feel for her. I just don't know how I'd cope.

10:35 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home