A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Hey everyone, long time no blog. Yeah I know it's only Saturday and I have a post from Wednesday but that is one hellacious long time in the blogosphere. How do I know? Because I've spent the better part of the day trying to get to all my usual haunts and catch up with what you all have been doing. Reading three days worth of posts on the 30 some odd blogs I regularly visit not to mention the links and news and email I get distracted by, well let's just say it's been a daunting task.

Right now my sons are giving me all kinds of crap for monopolizing my computer. Puh-leeze. It's so hard not to go off on a parental riff from my past, but then if I did that I would be channeling my parents ::shudder:: that I just can't bring myself to do. I just told number one son to come back in twenty minutes when I have my post done and he just sighed and shook his head. They treat me like a crack cocaine addict and I haven't been on the damn computer for three and a half days. I'm bravely staring at the screen and continuing to type and staying silent and stoic. Heeeheee...it worked, he's stormed out of the room.

Which brings me to the next subject which is the new family member, one little puppy named Emily. Okay the dog is not even my full responsibility, son number two has taken to calling her "my dog" and does a credible job of handling most of the doggie duties, but he does go to school and yesterday they were both at Disneyland from dawn until dawn again. When numero dos isn't TGILW and I share the puppy sitting duties. Let me just say a baby puppy is exhausting! She's sweet, she's cute, but she needs an awful lot of attention and damn it I have things to do. One big point in her favor? She'll lay quietly next to me for an hour at a time and doze or just cuddle while I read. Yes, one smart little puppy. We've also made two trips to PetsMart in two days and bought more stuff for this dog... We're pathetic really.

I have been doing some reading. I just finished Emma Holly's PRINCE OF ICE. With people breathing down my neck to get on the computer I'm not providing any links and will hopefully try to review it in the next couple of days. It will also give me a chance to let my thoughts simmer for a while.

I can't believe it is already less than two weeks until Thanksgiving and about six weeks until Christmas!! Yikes, not THAT calls for some major list making. I've just gotten into the habit of writing 2006 instead of 2005 and in no time will have to try and remember it is 2007!

On Book Bitches blog I stumbled on the happy news that Susan Elizabeth Phillips will have a new release on February 6, 2007. That's just around the corner. I saved the link for the excerpt because I was going to send it to my sister, another big SEP fan, but decided she can find it here because I'm too lazy at this point to send her an email.

Hopefully there will be no fallout since I switched to Beta today. I have my fingers crossed all goes well and I don't regret it. I've always longed to have tags to help me search for info I have in previous posts. I will probably take a page out of Marg's book and go back through my posts and tag everything. I love lists and files...

I'm counting on this next week to be better than this last one and I'll be back on track which means I'll get back on my schedule. New puppies, parties, and job snafus wreak havoc with life. I haven't done any yoga for three days and THAT my friends is not good. A schedule of sorts let's me do all the things I want to without turning me into a raving maniac or a zombie.

Lastly, remember a while ago when I blogged about a special friend and mentioned it was time for us to get together? Not only has Steadman finally commented on my blog (I'm still in shock), but I'm going to be seeing her in Las Vegas next weekend!!! Woo Hoo! Thank God our husbands get along well because we will probably have an alcoholic beverage or three and talk our heads off. I can't wait! Just couples, no kids.

Of course, this could throw off the whole week's schedule...but what's that saying? Oh yeah...BUT WHAT A WAY TO GO!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Marg said...

I don't have a problem with getting control with the computer...mine is with the TV that has cable on it!!

Just a hint on the labels. If you go through and do it on your list of posts you don't have to republish every post! I'm glad I did mine because I went past 300 posts in the last couple of days and I couldn't get back to the oldest post, so just click on the label and voila! I had the one I was looking for!

4:56 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Hey Rosie, as many times as I stopped by to look at the new puppy, I'm glad you're back. :P

Can't wait for your review on EH's Prince of Ice. I was planning on buying it this weekend.

9:10 PM PST  
Blogger Jenster said...

I have that same problem with my kids!

They treat me like a crack cocaine addict and I haven't been on the damn computer for three and a half days.

That's the perfect description!

Have a great time in Vegas.

Jen

12:48 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

Oh my gosh, that puppy is just too cute! Course, I have to remember that they grow up ;)

I've also switched to Beta but haven't gone about figuring out the tricks. I'm just happy the blog didn't explode!

I look forward to your comments on Emma Holly's latest one also but I would assume fighting for computer time is enough to suck the fun out of it. Since we don't have kids it's just Bob and I that'll toss each other off the chair ;)

I'm glad that you and your friend will be able to get together. Nothing like finally re-connecting!

CindyS

8:41 PM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

I haven't braved Beta Blogger yet, though they seem to have worked the kinks out. I'm tempted when I log in, but haven't made the switch.

10:56 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Marg, I'm still having problems getting on the computer. Both kids and now my nieces have been using our computer to get school work done. Thanks for the tip though. One of these days soon I'm going to get labels on all my past posts.

Ames, the cute little puppy is killing me! My younger son leaves for school at 6:15 a.m. and I used to have early morning computer time, but now I'm chasing a puppy around the house!

Jenster, yeah and my computer time is no where near close to their video game time. Thanks for the good wishes on Vegas...I can't wait.

CindyS, our little puppy isn't supposed to get very big because she is supposedly Jack Russell terrier and chihuahua. Her paws seem small, but she's just now 8 weeks old. So time will tell. I doubt you've all seen or heard the last of the little princess puppy.

Devonna, I was terrified that the switch would mess up the truly awesome web design GemmaK did for me and was leary for a long time. But like Ames I just got sick of all the prompts. Come on in, the water is fine!

12:20 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home