My 5 Truths, My Name and Holly's Survey
This was posted below my Happy Birthday to my son. I'm moving it to the top because I'm too tired from the weekend shenanigans to do a new post today and I don't know if everyone saw it.
Last week Jodi tagged me to tell five truths. Here are mine and I hope they don't scare you all away.
1. For about two years I've wanted to pierce my nipples. Don't ask me why, I've just been fixated on the idea. I haven't because I'm 51 and I can't imagine anything more ludicrous or ridiculous. I keep thinking of visits to my Gynnie who I've known for years and his surprise when it's time for the breast exam. That and the fact the as sure as there is hellfire and Jesus it would hurt like a mother. I could maybe do it if Steadman and my sister Mary were to get drunk with me and take me to a nice sterile environment and then I could have a great drunk story to go with the piercings.
2. I still cry sometimes over our infertility even though I absolutely love and adore our two sons.
3. While I try to eat right, exercise, take meds and do all the right things for my rheumatoid arthritis I mostly want to wail and bitch about it.
4. In real life I have to curb my language all the time because one of my worst vices is my foul mouth.
5. The most significant truth about me is how important it is to me that the people I love, KNOW that I love them. The worst thing I can imagine is that my nearest and dearest wouldn't know how much they mean to me or how much I loved them.
There it is...my five truths!
Okay, now for my name. Thanks to Zeek I linked to find out how many people in the U.S. have my same exact name. I used Rosie instead of Rose Marie, my legal first name. As I commented at Zeek's blog, it turns out there are 16...16 women with the very SAME name as me. I think that's alot of people to have your same name when it isn't Smith or Jones. I was pretty surprised. Here's the link for you, if you haven't tried it already.
Last, but not least is a mini-survey from Holly's site.
1.What makes you visit a blog? Lots of things make me visit a blog. The majority of the sites I visit are due to my interest in reading romance novels, but not all of them. I think what most of the sites I visit have in common is how genuine the people are.
2. What makes you come back to it? sincerity, originality, humor, common interest, human interest
3. Do you read the archives of a new blog you find? Or of ones you visit frequently? When I'm new to a blog I certainly look at the archives. If I've been away from my computer like when I'm on vacation I come back and go through archives of the blogs I most frequently visit.
4. Do you comment on all the blogs you read? Or only some? What makes you comment or not? In general I do comment at one time or another on all the blogs I read, but not on every blog every day. Sometimes I don't have anything to contribute, which isn't to say that I didn't find the posting interesting. Usually something has to strike a chord of familiarity for me to comment.
5. Do you like it when someone repsonds to your comment with one of their own, or do you not care? I do like to have a response, but it isn't always necessary or reasonable, some comments just don't require a response.
6. How often does a blog need to update for you to keep visiting? A few days? Once A week? Once every couple of weeks? This really depends on the blog. If it is a really good writer I can usually go longer between posts. Jennifer Crusie (Argh Ink) posts very infrequently. In general though, I'd like to see a new post at least once a week.
7. Is there anything you DON'T want to read about? If so, what and why not? If not, good on you. ;) As I've said many times...me...I'm a Nosy Nora. I like to read about it all. There have been a few occasions of TMI, but *g* but if you will blog it, I will read it.
It always feels good to have the housework done. I think I'm all caught up again...for the moment.