A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Haul from the Bookstore

Ames posted a great review of DARK FEVER by Karen Marie Moning. While I'm a KMM fan I wasn't sure whether I wanted to buy this book in hardcover since it has the fae in it. For some reason the fantasy, fairy, elf world just doesn't appeal to me. But what with Ames' review and the excitement of Halloween and all the cute little kiddies dressed up I lost my mind and bought the book. Yeah it was actually part of my November book allowance and I put quite a dent in it last night with my purchases.

Here's the list:

DARK FEVER by Karen Marie Moning

PASSIONATE THIRST by Cameron Dean (new to me but somebody recommended her and I'm giving it a try)

KNIGHT OF DARKNESS by Kinley MacGregor (aka Sherrilyn Kenyon) This is a Lords of Avalon book. I have the other one in my TBR. But I didn't want to chance not having this if the first one is good.

THE RULES OF SEDUCTION by Madeline Hunter

CONSPIRACY GAME by Christine Feehan

VALLEY OF SILENCE by Nora Roberts (Book 3 in Circle Trilogy). I now have all 3 books and have yet to crack one. But now that I have them all, maybe it's time to give them a go.

I went to the store to get Kresley Cole's book NO REST FOR THE WICKED, but no such luck. I have to work again today, but I'll go looking for it again on Friday.

I just finished MAIL ORDER BRIDE by Maureen McKade. I'm so glad I found this author thanks to Wendy (Super Librarian). Ms. McKade has been a real find for me. This wasn't your typical mail order bride book seeing as how the groom was dead in a mining accident upon the bride's arrival. It was a good read.

Now I'm anxious to read Feehan's book as I've been enjoying her paranormal series and of course I'll probably read KMM's book right away too. I'll be too curious to leave it and it IS a hardcover after all.

So, what's everyone else reading?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am looking forward reading Dark Fever....hope it doesn't take too long to get in to the library!

2:52 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My list is similar to yours. I bought Conspiracy Game and read it the same night. I'm writing a review for it tomorrow. I bought about 50% of your list the other day. Hope you enjoy them as much as I am!

6:54 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Marg and Scooper, did either one of you see Kresley Cole's book? It's out there because other people are reading it. My B&N is so slow shelving sometimes. I guess I'll have to make a trip to Borders which is 50 minutes away to get it.

Has anyone spotted it at Wal-Mart or Target?

7:01 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll probably get around to Dark Fever myself! Oh and I have Mckade on my wishlist too thanks to other people's pimping!

7:42 AM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

That Mail Order Bride sounds interesting. Can't wait for your review on that.

p.s. I emailed you back with my thoughts on your book. :P

8:31 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rosie- I bought Cole's book on Halloween at Borders. Good luck getting it.

9:29 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Wow, you got quite a haul. Enjoy it! I'm busy working my way through the pile that I picked up at the UBS last weekend. I finished Into the Fire by Anne Stuart a couple days ago and the latest Catherine Mann Wingman Warriors and Brockmann's Into the Storm. I'm about done with the Amy J. Fetzer time travel Dangerous Waters. Wow, I've been busy LOL.

I'm ready to pick up Cold as Ice. I think. I may have to save that for the weekend when I have some uninterrupted time to enjoy.

3:14 PM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

That's one of the McKade's I have in my TBR. I will refrain from telling you how long it's been there.

I just finished Darkfever and really enjoyed it. Mildly shocking since I've never understood the appeal of Moning's romances. And yep, I blogged about it too.....

9:10 AM PST  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

I'm rereading Earl Emerson's "Into The Inferno," a fabulous suspense book/character study. I'm looking forward to reading Jeri Smith Ready's "Eyes of Crow," which is on its way from Amazon.

And Rosie, thanks :-)

1:22 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home