A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Who needs heat when...

I'm going to see Tim McGraw tonight. Although you wouldn't catch me arguing if say the gas company service planning department finally decided to call so we could get going with this project already.

This just in...

1. We are taking tomorrow off since we will be up late at the concert tonight. We plan to start our Christmas shopping.

2. We bought a pre-lit Christmas tree. Finally found one with lots of lights that didn't cost the earth. While I've been known to string the tree lights myself, both GG and I are delighted that chore is history. When you are picky about how the lights look it takes forever to get the tree lights "just right".

3. Beanie has to work on Thanksgiving at the Magic Kingdom. Major bummer. We think we will be venturing to the OC Thanksgiving morning and take him out to eat mid-day before work then we'll trek back here and go to my sisters for dessert with the rest of the family. At least that's the plan today. We've never eaten out on Thanksgiving, but I can't imagine celebrating the holiday without both of my children. It may be coming in the near future, but not yet...

4. Speaking of Beanie, he got second place in the open mic contest at his school. He was over the moon because most of the contestants were musicians. He has another "gig" on November 22. Someone asked him to perform for a group of *ahem* mature women. He was asked to include some material on Jane Austen, and Napoleon & Josephine Buonaparte. He's doing research. Just his comments on doing historical research for a comedy bit is funny. Honestly I never know what he's going to do next.

5. Proud Mama moment. GG mentioned to me yesterday how amazing it is that in this economy both of our boys have two jobs. Beanie got hired back as seasonal help at his favorite place in the world, nope it's NOT D-Land, it's Toys R Us. Maybe all those dinner conversations about there's no replacing hard work to achieve your goals really worked???

6. Just finished reading THE MARRIAGE BED by LL Guhrke and before that I read A BRIDE IN THE BARGAIN by Deeanne Gist. I'd heard pretty good things about THE MARRIAGE BED and while good, it didn't change my world. Very well done character development though. The Gist surprised me. While privately I consider myself a spiritual person and certainly one of faith I've never read a book specifically labeled inspirational romance before. This also was a pretty good book and I enjoyed the story based on the real life brides brought to Washington Territory by Asa Mercer post Civil War. Anybody else old enough to remember the 70s TV show with Bobby Sherman, HERE COME THE BRIDES?



7. Got the most recent STAR TREK movie on blu-ray for the BA-TV for the "boys".

Well I think you are all caught up. Usually when I do these lists I think of two more things as soon as I hit "publish". Ain't life grand?

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

3. It's coming. Brace yourself. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving in 5 years. The SL parents have let it slide though since I make it home for Christmas.

6. The Marriage Bed is in the TBR. As are all of LLG's Avon releases. I really need to get over my mental block and just read one of them already.

8:55 AM PST  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Oh my yes I remember Here Comes the Brides. I could never quite figure out who I liked best - Bobby Sherman 'cause he was the cutest, but everyone liked him best, or David Soul because everyone liked Bobby best and by choosing David Soul, I was more unique. I can't remember who won *g*.
And that would be well worth taping and watching Beanie doing a comedy routine on romance!!!!!

6:11 PM PST  
Blogger Karen W. said...

Bobby Sherman was my first love, so thanks for that video clip. :) Happy Thanksgiving.

6:13 PM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh gosh yes! But I was a David Soul girl, too. Followed him to Starsky & Hutch :)

as for Bobby, I was all about the music. Julie Julie Julie do you love me....... sigh.

8:19 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wen, yeah, yeah, I know there will come a day when no more Shmoo and Beanie for the holidays... I dread it though.

THE MARRIAGE BED, worth the read, but I'd love to chat about it with someone who's read it.

Kristie, I never missed an episode of HERE COME THE BRIDES. I liked Aaron the oldest brother because he was such a confirmed bachelor and so committed to making his mark in the world. *sigh* Girlhood crushes.

KarenW. you aren't alone there. I think most of my friends loved Bobby Sherman. I have an aunt that's only a few years older than me and she was ga-ga for Bobby. BTW, thanks for the holiday wishes. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

Lori, Lori, Lori, David Soul? The black sheep? Is the blonde hair and blue eyes? He was definitely my favorite on Starsky & Hutch. Too bad he had domestic issues. He's forever tainted now because of that.

1:50 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, I saw Tim McGraw too!! But in a movie... and I had no idea who he was ^_^;

How did the shopping go? and lucky on the tree. my sister wants to put one up, but the rest of the family is not sure...

And sorry that Beanie has to work on Thanksgiving :)

4:24 PM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

Aww, what nice parents you are to switch up your plans and do something completely non-traditional to keep your son included.

Makes me feel a bit mopey realizing that such things are just a few years out for us, too. **sigh**

DeeAnne Gists books are all very enjoyable reads.

7:29 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home