A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

What happened?

What happened to this week? About mid-week I had all kinds of stuff I wanted to share. I have an ever expanding rant started about the deplorable lack of courtesy and manners. I didn't finish it right off, so I saved it to come back to.

While I was editing said manners post, I discovered it sounded like one of those articles your high school history teacher showed you from the early 1900s. I sounded like head mistress at a private all girl finishing school--very high tone, and condesending. The rant just didn't make the point I wanted it to though. The point being why does it seem like all people, all ages don't have manners any more? Don't we teach our children to say please and thank you? How about an "excuse me" if you happen to bump into someone? Is it unreasonable to hold a door for an elderly person or a mom with a stroller? Sheesh! Just a little courtesy, respect, consideration, are these totally out of the question? You can see what I mean about the persimmon lipped head mistress now can't you.

What was I saying? Oh yeah, so I had that post and a couple of other ideas rolling around in my head not the least of which was posting about my oldest son, Beanie Boy, whose 19th birthday was yesterday. I had an idea for a post for his birthday to list all the different phases of his life we have gone through. Like all kids, there have been some real hum dingers. Is that supposed to be one word, humdinger? Anyway, Beanie started college this year and we are in a whole new phase of his life. After pretty much floating through his senior year of high school without a care in the world, which his grades reflected, he is getting great grades in college. In fact he told me yesterday he got an "A" on his English mid-term paper. He is such a great kid and while as a mother you always have things you worry about, he is off to a great start in college. Last night we had a little family gathering and celebrated his birthday.

It was a little bit different for me as birthday parties go. We ended up going to a store and buying all the salads and fixings to accompany the fried chicken and pizza we ate at the birthday boy's request. It has just been so busy at work with end of year, end of month and of course, it's rent time again! Aaaack! As a result, no homemade birthday cake, no homemade meal, none of my usual anal retentive list making and planning. This was a real honest to goodness fly by the seat of your pants party, which for me is like walking a tightrope. Scary!! All's well that ends well though, birthday boy is happy and since no one was arrested or struck with salmonella I guess we can call the party a success.

Any hoodly doodly, where was I? The plan. The plan was to write a couple of more posts instead of just trolling through my usual haunts commenting and reading, which is one of my very favorite things to do to pass the time. Like I've said before, there are a lot of interesting, talented and witty people out there in blog land. In fact I think I mentioned finding
A PEACE OF MIND, Leesa's page recently. I love looking at her pictures.

I'm so envious of the people who take these incredible pictures and have the photo blogs with captions. It's like being able to go to galleries on line for cripe's sake. So cool!


When I started this I had a point. Ummm, oh yeah, so I don't really know what happened to my week. I do however have an explanation. It's GG's fault! That's the guy I live with. When all else in life fails I know that some where, some way, he had something to do with it. So...I'm sure that what happened to my week has something to do with him.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

It's called HBDS, Husband By Default Syndrom. That's what you do when you can't figure out whose fault it is, HBDS. Usually I say that to Craig when some mishap occurs around here I say, "It's your fault. I don't know exactly how, but I'm sure it's your fault!"

So whatever happened with your week or blog ideas, or whatever, it's Gregs fault...HBDS, sister!:-)

11:14 PM PDT  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Hi Rosie,
I just posted to my blog today about the subject of manners. I wonder too, where have they gone???

10:19 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home