A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Top 100 Romances

I saw this list first on Rosario's site (Aug 14, 2006, post) then on KarenS and Let's Gab sites the last couple of days. It was originated by AAR in 2004.

I was curious to check out how many of the books I had read especially since I've started a reading list in July of this year. I've been reading romances for 20 years so as you can imagine, I haven't kept all the books I've read, but was curious to see if I could remember them just by title and author.

At first glance there was 60 I knew for sure I'd read, then I actually starting verifying the list against books I still own. Many of these books are on my keeper shelves. Anyway I was able to verify a few more. There were still a few I wasn't sure about but felt I had read them since I'd purchased many of that particular author's books in the past.

In my list I've highlighted the books I can verify I've read, (because I still have them) in BOLD (64); books in my TBR in red (2), and those I think I've read in blue (7).

That covers 73 of the books on this list. Wow!! I was sort of surprised I had read that many. This was fun because just looking at the titles and remembering the books was nostalgic and a trip down memory lane. It made me anxious to give a couple of them a re-read. I'm wondering why I can't remember about the Brockway books because I used to read all her books and I can't remember which ones I've read or why I quit reading her books. I was (am) a huge Regency fan and wonder why I've never tried Carla Kelly. All food for thought and some good reading.

1. Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase (just ordered it)
2. Flowers From the Storm by Laura Kinsale
3. Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie

4. As You Desire by Connie Brockway
5. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
6. Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas

7. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
8. Over the Edge by Suzanne Brockmann
9. All Through the Night by Connie Brockway
10. Sea Swept by Nora Roberts
11. It Had to be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

12. A Summer to Remember by Mary Balogh
13. Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer

14. The Proposition by Judith Ivory
15. A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught
16. Ravished by Amanda Quick
17. Frederica by Georgette Heyer
18. Mrs. Drew Plays Her Hand by Carla Kelly
19. MacKenzie's Mountain by Linda Howard
20. Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard
21. The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer
22. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
23. The Bride by Julie Garwood
24. Devil's Bride by Stephanie Laurens
25. To Have and to Hold by Patricia Gaffney
26. Born in Fire by Nora Roberts
27. Winter Garden by Adele Ashworth
28. Gone Too Far by Suzanne Brockmann
29. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
30. Saving Grace by Julie Garwood

31. My Dearest Enemy by Connie Brockway
32. In the Midnight Rain by Barbara Samuel
33. The Windflower by Laura London
34. Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
35. Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught
36. Nobody's Baby but Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
37. A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux
38. Paradise by Judith McNaught
39. The Shadow and the Star by Laura Kinsale
40. Dream Man by Linda Howard
41. Out of Control by Suzanne Brockmann
42. Silk and Shadows by Mary Jo Putney
43. See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
44. Shattered Rainbows by Mary Jo Putney
45. Thunder and Roses by Mary Jo Putney
46. The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
47. Heart Throb by Suzanne Brockmann

48. For My Lady's Heart by Laura Kinsale
49. Honor's Splendor by Julie Garwood
50. Lord Carew's Bride by Mary Balogh
51. Untie my Heart by Judith Ivory
52. Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
53. The Secret by Julie Garwood

54. This is All I Ask by Lynn Kurland
55. Slightly Dangerous by Mary Balogh
56. One Perfect Rose by Mary Jo Putney

57. To Love and to Cherish by Patricia Gaffney
58. Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
59. Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

60. Venetia by Georgette Heyer
61. Daughter of the Game by Tracy Grant
62. The Prize by Julie Garwood
63. Reforming Lord Ragsdale by Carla Kelly
64. Prince Joe by Suzanne Brockmann
65. The Notorious Rake by Mary Balogh
66. Heartless by Mary Balogh
67. Son of the Morning by Linda Howard
68. Sleeping Beauty by Judith Ivory
69. Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas
70. The Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer
71. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
72. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegar
73. With This Ring by Carla Kelly
74. The Lion's Lady by Julie Garwood
75. The Rake by Mary Jo Putney

76. Fallen from Grace by Laura Leone
77. Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath
78. Castles by Julie Garwood

79. One Good Turn by Carla Kelly
80. Chesapeake Blue by Nora Roberts (been in my TBR forever)
81. By Arrangement by Madeline Hunter
82. Perfect by Judith McNaught

83. My Darling Caroline by Adele Ashworth
84. The Defiant Hero by Suzanne Brockmann
85. The Unsung Hero by Suzanne Brockmann

86. Guilty Pleasures by Laura Lee Guhrke
87. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
88. Kill and Tell by Linda Howard
89. After the Night by Linda Howard

90. More than a Mistress by Mary Balogh
91. Born in Ice by Nora Roberts
92. Miss Wonderful by Loretta Chase
93. The Charm School by Susan Wiggs
94. Scoundrel by Elizabeth Elliott
95. How to Marry a Marquis by Julia Quinn
96. Angel Rogue by Mary Jo Putney
97. Trust Me by Jayne Ann Krentz

98. Dancing on the Wind by Mary Jo Putney
99. Once and Always by Judith McNaught
100. This Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I did this one too. I've been keeping a list on an excel spreadsheet for years(with all kinds of interesting things on it) so I could quickly check if I wasn't sure about some of them. But what amazed me the most was how many of the books I'd read I remembered. Not necessarily the character names. I'm bad with names in real life and even worse with fiction names. But the stories themselves I remembered.

11:56 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home