A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

10 Things in Romance I'm Thankful For

Over at Dear Author on Monday the Jayne posted a list of things to be thankful for in romance. Here’s the meme feel free to join in the gratitude. Go here and see the list Nora Roberts left at Dear Author. I love that woman just for participating with the community that reads, buys, and reviews her books. I don't know where she finds the time and energy to do all she does, but I surely do have a very high degree of respect for her. She certainly sets a high bar for other authors for dignity, class and talent.

1. For romance authors who continue to write even when writers, readers and publishers of other genres like to snicker at them.


2. For the growth and diversity of books within the romance genre since I first started reading them 3o years ago.

3. I'm thankful for the people I've met online who share the same passion for a good romance.

4. The way I feel when I'm reading a really good book.

5. The thrill and joy of sharing a good book with another reader.

6. The feeling of excitement and anticipation when a book you have been waiting for is sitting in your lap and you are about to crack the cover and start reading it.

7. You can do anything, go anywhere, learn, laugh, love, ANYTHING with a book in your hands.

8. I'm thankful for the internet and the added avenue to find a book you love or the instant gratification of buying an ebook and reading without leaving the house.

9. I'm glad to know there are people with bigger TBRs than me and there's a comfort knowing "you aren't the only one" with piles of books.

10. I'm grateful to every author of every book that opened my eyes through plot, a character, an event and helped me to see something, feel something or learn something new.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Great list!

Books are the best, eh?

11:23 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, when I think of tough times in my life they are often earmarked by the book I was reading. I love books!

11:50 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember reading Nancy Drew novels and listening to the radio when I was young. Today it makes me smile and think that a world without books wouldn't be worth it for me.

12:12 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Amen Scooper.

1:03 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Nancy Drew. Can't you tell by the moniker I gave my DH?

6:51 PM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Nothing beats a good book, and there's no feeling for me like curling up on the couch with a book. It's the bomb. Thanks for posting your list, Rosie :)

8:22 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home