A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Achtung Baby!

No I'm not going to talk about music, or U2 in particular. Just a few things on my mind today.

On Reading. So I've been clipping along reading like mad and all the sudden two days ago, Friday to be exact, I can't get into a book. I've probably picked up about 10 different books trying to get into something and I got nuthin'. No spark of interest at all. So maybe I just need a breather.

On Bridget Jones. I'm one of those people who liked the Bridget Jones movies. Certainly I didn't enjoy the second installment as much as the first, but what's not to like about Colin Firth and Hugh Grant? I remember feeling after the second movie a vague sense of dissatisfaction with it. So it was quite nice the other night to see it on TV and start to sort of get into it. Instead of starting to watch it in the middle I put in my DVD and watched the whole thing. I quite enjoyed it. Maybe I was just in the right mood to get into it this time, or maybe I had too high expectations when it had its theatrical release. At any rate, I sure liked it this time around.

On Book Buying. I was looking over my list of books releasing in the next couple of months and three books popped out at me:

April 3rd
Ice Blue - Anne Stuart

May 1st
Night Lost - Lynn Viehl
Rainbow Inferno (Sil Nocturne) - Linda Howard

Home Alone. Unexpectedly today TGILW and I will be home...together...in our very own house...ALL BY OURSELVES! My oldest son has to work and my younger son went to the beach with his cousins. Even with only two kids we rarely have the house to ourselves. I have lots of family in the area, my kids have lots of friends. It just seems like there is always something going on. We are pretty excited to be alone but I'm not supposed to say anything out loud because TGILW is afraid we will jinx it.

Time to ta-tah if I'm going to get some quality together time with the guy I live with.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara Marie said...

You've hit a reading wall, I can sympathize. I'm starting to think we're wishing our lives away with future release dates, though I have to admit May 1st can't come fast enough :D I'm looking forward to both the Viehl and the Howard.

For the last couple of months we've been lucky to have weekends to ourselves (including the child, he's only 5) with at least one day home lounging on the sofa reading and watching TV. We're enjoying the quiet time. Life will get hectic again starting Palm Sunday and probably wont slow down until next winter.

2:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

TM, I started reading yesterday, or tried to. The kids got in a car accident on the way home (everyone is okay) and we ended up spending 6 hours in an ER. Reading is a great distraction when you are waiting and it passes the time more quickly. Couldn't tell you what I read though.

10:38 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Zeek, I was so surprised how much I enjoyed watching it again. I'm so glad I had the DVD to pop in when I ran across it on TV.

10:41 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:41 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home