A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, March 02, 2007

The Joshua Tree







These pictures are for my pal and fellow cross stitcher, Gabrielle. The good digital camera is AWOL so I took these with my phone and they aren't the best quality.

This is the family tree I cross stitched in 1985 using a Joshua Tree for the family tree since we live in an area where they are a part of the landscape.
It was a Christmas gift to my parents and when my Mom died in 2004 my Dad thought I should get it back. I have it hanging on a wall in my bedroom right now, but I don't know if it will be its permanent home. For another thing, there are alot more of us now and I don't have enough room to add everyone to it! But it is a precious reminder and I enjoyed every stitch...I kid you not. I was so excited to stitch something so personal and completely designed by me.






Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenster said...

That is so cool! Does it start with your parents or does it go back farther?

Obviously, you got skilz!

4:51 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jenster it starts with my parents. I'm one of 9 siblings so with our spouses and kids the tree was already going to be big!

7:10 AM PST  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Oh, Rosie, that's just gorgeous! I didn't realize you'd designed it yourself, how truly clever of you, I could never do that. I love how its in a big, substantive frame, that seems so appropriate.

P.S. **8 SIBLINGS!!**

9:27 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Yes,8 sibs. We called for everything from saving a spot in front of the TV to the last cookie in the cookie jar. We are military brats so moving every three years we really became a unit. We are all still pretty close.

Thanks for your kind words. And you would be surprised what you can design with some graph paper and an idea.

11:40 AM PST  
Blogger Jenster said...

I'm very impressed. I wish I was creative like that. Of course, compared with your family I could just do a little bonzai. LOL

9:32 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home