When I was 18..
I know I said I was going to do my review of SUGAR DADDY for today. I actually have it done and will post it in the next couple of days, but I saw this yesterday on Holly's site and had so much fun doing it and listening to the songs again (don't you just love YouTube?) that I wanted to post my music list.
This is the list of the top 20 from the year I turned 18. I was surprised how many of these I remember and loved! This was fun. For your enjoyment, if you can be arsed, you can listen to the number one song while reading my list.
Here's the scoop. Go to popculturemadness.com. Click on pop music category and then click on the year you turned 18. Copy and paste the TOP 2O and then bold the ones you liked,
TOP 20 1972
1. Rock and Roll part II - Gary Glitter (oh yeah baby!)
2. American Pie - Don McLean
3. Lean On Me - Bill Withers (I love Bill Withers. My sister recently put this on a mix CD for us)
4. Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin (Can you say CLASSIC!)
5. I'll Take You There - Staple Singers (Help me now...uh-huh...I'll take you there!)
6. Precious and Few - Climax (I danced to this song so many times in that single year between dances and parties I have dreams of shuffling around a dance floor with my head on some unknown anonymous male shoulder)
7. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
10. Me and Mrs. Jones - Billy Paul
11. Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
12. Goodbye To Love - Carpenters
13. Burning Love - Elvis Presley (Saw him in concert in Vegas when this was hot!)
14. The Candy Man - Sammy Davis, Jr. (I started out loving this song, but it got too much radio play)
15. Operator - Jim Croce (I went through a Jim Croce phase like everyone else)
16. Horse With No Name - America (Saw them in concert a couple years later)
17. Nights In White Satin - Moody Blues (Our senior class song and prom theme!)
18. Anticipation - Carly Simon
19. Saturday In The Park - Chicago (an unfortunate date to a concert in 1976 ruined this group for me forever)