A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Global Warming - What Side Are You On?

I received the info below in an email from a very dear friend, a liberal btw. It's a documentary done by the BBC that presents an opposing view point to global warming. I'm of the school that all sides need to be heard and people need to make their own choices. While I think the arguments about global warming have been compelling ones, I always like to see and hear another POV. It is frustrating and provoking to think this important issue has been so politicized that we don't get to hear both sides. Can that be true? What do you think?

The video is a long one, but even if you only watch for a minute, it gives one food for thought.

A final thought, isn't there a way to proceed with caution with fuel, trash, etc. without denying a whole continent an opportunity to develop?



Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't listened to it yet, but the different governments have known about global warming for many years deciding against taking action. It seems to me that everyone is screaming 'not my fault' or acting like it was just discovered. It's driving me crazy.

7:51 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I do think global warming is real. And even if it weren't, we shouldn't continue on the path we have been. Canada is thinking of incentives (cash incentives) for people who buy green cars. Well, the people who don't sell/make green cars are saying that's not fair. I think there are people/companies who lose out on big bucks if people became more environmentally friendly. And who funded that documentary? LOL
But I do like looking at both sides too. Thanks for bringing that video to my attention.

9:39 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Scooper there's lots of stuff to drive you crazy on this issue. Sometimes it's like food, diet and vitamins. There is so much conflicting and contradictory information one doesn't know who or what to believe. I don't think we can go wrong taking care of planet Earth though.

Ames, I have a need to see both sides and then I usually do some sleuthing on my own if I'm really interested in an issue. The great thing about this BBC broadcast is that it does acknowledge the facts about greenhouse and CO2 that are correct and concur, just not that those are the things actually causing the global warming. Makes ya think we could have still have global warming and try correcting it with the wrong solution. Now that would be scary.

As for tax or cash incentives for people who go green whether it's house, cars, whatever...I'm all for it. Like I said to Scooper. How can you go wrong taking care of the place you live? We should be good custodians of our planet Earth. There's much to love and cherish.

I do go on, don't I?

9:48 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home