A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Me, GG and a little book called SKIN GAME

After a fun time at the Tim McGraw concert GG and I decided to take today off and just be together. We love doing that. You might be wondering why I'm sitting here writing this post?

Isn't it obvious? I'm sneaking this in.

Because I bitch night and day about my phone GG told me we are going to buy me a new one today.

Me: I don't think so.

GG: I'm sick of you bitching about your phone.

Me: We are spending a gazillion dollars on new heat and air unit. I can wait.

GG: Well I can't. You are getting a new phone.

Isn't that bullying? I think it is.

Moving on to a trip to my favorite Borders...

Me: I'm just going to look for a couple of books.

GG: Riiiiight. I'm going to get a cup of coffee, want anything.

Me: Nope. (making a bee line for the romance section)

Perhaps 10 minutes goes by.

GG: I leave you for a few minutes and look at you.

Me: *frantically juggling about 7 books* Yep.

GG: What are you doing with another copy of SKIN GAME?

Me: I gave all my others away and I want to send my sister WarriorM a copy.

GG: You should write the author and let her know you buy a copy every time you're at the book store. *walks away shaking his head*

Me: Hey! I do not... and... she probably knows!

Yeah not my best come back. Who's he to talk?! HE is reading MY copy as we speak.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I was in the neighborhood and stopped by Toni's this week. Skin Game was one of the books she was selling new, so I picked it up there.

Now don't you dare ask me when I'm going to actually read it - because honestly I have no idea. I suck.

2:26 PM PST  
Blogger Tara Marie said...

Wow, I'm impressed that GG knows what and how much you buy. My hubby would have a heart attack--LOL. The only books he's shown any interest in are the ones that came from Australia, he opened the bag out of curiosity and fear that I'd actually ordered them and paid a small fortune in shipping.

3:23 AM PST  
Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Wow, thank you, Rosie! I appreciate your support more than I can say & I am deeply touched that you love Skin Game this much.

9:34 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, nothing better than spreading the love, right? :)

4:31 PM PST  
Blogger Fedora said...

LOL! Thanks again, Rosie! Skin Game *is* completely awesome, and I'll be pushing it now, too :) Thanks for sharing!

5:17 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

SL, I need to make a trip to Toni's soon. I missed out when you took Nathie.

TM, don't be thinking he know, knows,... :) He is however observant enough to know when I've purchased the same book over and over again when he is reading my copy of said book.

Ann, I don't know what it is about that book... GG is half way through it and is really enjoying it as well. It's so hard not to ask him, what did you think about...

Well, Nathie, there is one inherent drawback, what if the book you recommend just doesn't appeal to the person you recommend it to? That's why I try to say in my reviews why I liked it and include anything that someone else might find off putting.

flchen1, hey, my pleasure. I know it might not be for everyone, but I sure liked that book. A lot.

9:55 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home