A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Countdown Begins!

17 calendar days and 13 work days to go. Yes, I know I've said I quit before, but that was before "the diagnosis". This time I really, really am quitting. November 18th is the goal!

I'm crossing the days off the calendar one by one! One would have to wonder why I've stayed at a job so long that I'm so eager to leave. As with most things in life it is a mixed bag. It hasn't been all bad. I think my greatest challenge and difficulty at work is the work environment itself.

On another subject, completely unrelated to work, I've missed posting the last couple of Sundays. As a result I haven't done my health update and attitude of gratitude thought. It's sort of a cleansing experience so bear with me and my meanderings. While I would like to do this on a specific day of the week so I have a good comparison...that hasn't exactly worked out well for me so far has it? : ) I hate when that happens. Anyway, here's my update.

My eating has been pretty good. While my walking had been excellent, it has sucked the big one this past week. No walking at all. My Catholic guilt is now relieved...I've confessed. Now all I need is some really good penance and I can be cleansed and guilt free.

Of course, since my last post and my sister's comments about that new HBDS (Husband By Default Syndrome) I could always lay blame at the altar of the guy I live with. His dry reply is usually, "Yeah, it's me. I know it is." Of course he doesn't REALLY believe it is, but come on, we all know that they plot and plan while we are sleeping to come up with things to drive us crazy. GG says he finds it amusing to get me "all worked up" and then stand back and watch.

I know what you're thinking. No, I'm not sooooo stupid that I haven't figured out what he's doing. It just usually sends me into a rant that he finds it so amusing to try and get me to rant. I don't usually take the bait on whatever subject he's using to yank my chain. No, I'm the dork who gets worked up because I know that he's trying to set me off which usually ends up with me in a rant anyway. Pretty picture isn't it?

What was my point? I hate when I have to scroll back in the post and figure out what it was I started out to say. Free associating is better. Right? It's how I talk most of the time. I have to concentrate to stay on subject.

Which is...oh yeah, what I'm thankful for. Let me digress for one more momemt. I love the few seconds before I actually type what I'm grateful for because just before I actually type something I have one more second to remember that I had a list of things to chose from and I'm filled with a feeling of gratitude just for the fact that I have so MUCH to be thankful for.

But this week I'm particularly thankful for my sister Mary. Now I love all my sisters dearly, I really do. And, lucky, lucky me I have some wonderful friends. Each of my sisters has her own special place in my life that is for sure, but Mary Angela is my happy place. She is the sweetest, most precious of friends. I don't know what I would do without her. Of all my sisters there are the most years between us...17. She was born when I was a senior in high school. Yet, she and I, of all my sisters, have the most in common.

I don't think I have another friend or family member who would send me a greeting card with a free pass to whine and complain about my spondylitis...but she did.

So, Mary...here's to YOU... the champagne in a family of fine wines. I love you and am so grateful to have you in my life.

BTW, thanks for the free pass.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

Thanks for the cry fest this morning! :-) You always know what to say to make me feel so loved! I miss you too and wish that our next visit wasn't so far away!

9:37 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home