A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Look at what I found!

I'm a big Ralph Waldo Emerson fan. I've taken his quotes and printed them out on big sheets of paper on occasion. I just think he is so true to life and inspiring sometimes.

Today I happened on one of Mr. Emerson's quotes at GemmaK's personal site. A place I'd nipped off to after reading on her design site that she was closing down for the time being. I am after all nothing if not a Nosy Nora. It reminded how glad I am that I got my blog design done when I did. Thank you KarenS! I'm so happy with my new digs that I can't imagine how ticked off I'd be with myself for procrastinating if I hadn't made the changes...especially since Gemma seems to be on a break for an indeterminate period of time.

Anyway, while reading a bit about some life changes Gemma is experiencing this quote in her sidebar caught my eye...

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense".

- Ralph Waldo Emerson -


Isn't that absolutely splendid? While I have oft preached to my children that "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it" I think this quote says it all and so much better. I'm so glad to have found it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger El-Gee said...

good quote!

5:36 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quotation is just what I needed. I obsess over every little mistake or embarassment.
Thanks for posting this always timely advice.

1:14 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home