A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Book Check!

Book check...what's on your bedside stand? What book do you have your nose buried in today?

I'm reading
Heart Choice by Robin D. Owens. It's part of her Heart series and a futuristic. I read the first one, Heart Mate, as a rec by Sarah McCarty (posted on her board) and haven't been able to find the second one. This particular book is third or fourth in the series, but seems to be fine as a stand alone and I'm enjoying it.

Does the change of the season make you want to read a different sort of book? During the summer bookstores are always full of tables of "Beach Reads". Do you read different sorts of books depending on the season? I do find that I've been looking for a book I can really sink my teeth into, something thought provoking and with depth. I realized that I tend to look for those books in winter during our rainy season. It just occured to me now because we are having unseasonably cool weather for October and I'm usually trolling for heavier reading material after Christmas in January and February.

So...what about you?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristie (J) said...

LOL on the night stand. I have 3 there right now - To Die For by Linda Howard (going for my 5th reread on that one - getting ready for Drop Dead Gorgeous), A Reason to Live by Maureen McKade and Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare.

10:33 AM PDT  
Blogger Karen Scott said...

I've got Laura Kinsale's Flowers From The Storm. I'm loving it, but I've been reading the bugger for almost two weeks now!

1:59 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I cleared off my night table when I bought my new shelf. So I've got one book there: Mysteries of the Middle Ages.

I just got so sick of cops/stalkers/bodyguards and paranormal creatures, I needed a reality check, so I picked up a non-fiction book.

3:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, I always have a couple of back up books on the night stand in case the current read goes south.

Karen, do you think it's because you are catching up from your vacation or do you have the did you catch the reading slump virus that's going around?

Ames, I change pace too. Sometimes I read a Louis L'Amour or just take a Vanity Fair magazine and read it cover to cover. It's the only mag I have a subscription to. We all need a change of pace I think from time to time.

1:19 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Crikeys, I should preview...I really should.

Karen, I meant to say did you catch the reading slump virus that is going around?

1:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Karen Scott said...

I have a habit of reading several books at the same time, which is why it's taken me so long. Also, it is one long-arsed book.

2:58 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home