A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Update on Shmoo

*****UPDATE AFTER DOCTOR'S APPT FRIDAY AT BOTTOM*****

Here's another picture of my baby. He's actually looking alot better. The shiny stuff on his face is the ointment for the abrasions. His lips are almost normal size now which helps because he can eat a bit better and use a straw.





Today we go back to opthamologist for update on the eye. There is a tear in the corner near his nose but that is outside the eye. The tear they are worried about is actually on the cornea. The doctor didn't want it to tear any more or bleed again so Shmoo has been on bedrest. He's supposed to try to not cough or sneeze. Wednesday he said he had to sneeze really bad but tricked himself out of the urge.


It's like he's a toddler again because I have to wait on him for just about everything. He's a pretty good patient and hasn't whined or complained at all. In fact yesterday he had a couple of his usual sarcastic snarky remarks and I was actually glad to hear it because it means he's getting back to normal. Thank God for the TV series DVDs of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and FIREFLY. They have kept him quiet and occupied.

I want to thank all of you for your kind words and thoughts. I've passed them on to my kiddo. Keep your fingers crossed for us that our appointment later today at the opthamologist goes well.

*****DOCTOR UPDATE*****

The bleeding has stopped and the tear in the cornea appears to be healing but there is still alot of swelling. We have to go back next Friday again, but (THANK GOD!!) he is off bed rest and seems to be well on the road to recovery.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, that poor kid looks miserable. I hope his eye's going to be fine and he's feeling less sore shortly.

I've just discovered Arrested Development, and I've got series 2 and 3 lined up for this weekend's cross-stitching marathon. :-)

5:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Gabrielle, even since I took this picture late on Weds night most of the swelling is gone and some of the abrasions are healing. Awwww...the resiliency of youth.

We love Arrested Development in our household. The only problem Shmoo had was not being able to laugh due to the swelling. He came up with a temporary "revised" laugh.

Good luck with the cross stitch. It really looks fabulous.

7:15 AM PDT  
Blogger scooper said...

I'm keeping your family in my thoughts and hoping for a complete recovery.

8:22 AM PDT  
Blogger ReneeW said...

OMG, I missed the original post about this. Poor kid, I hope he gets well soon. It's funny how they seem to bounce back more quickly than us 'old' folks. Hope he's laughing and sneezing like normal soon. :)

3:42 PM PDT  
Blogger Angela James said...

My fingers are crossed for a speedy recovery with little pain, Rosie. Your poor son. And I'll bet your nerves were a little fragile too.

4:44 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Scooper, Renee and Angie thanks so much for your kind words and thoughts. Yes, my nerves have been shakey a time or two, especially when we first got the call. We had an hour and a half drive to the ER they took him to. I'm so grateful that everything is going so well with his healing.

5:02 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I'm so glad to see that he's on the mend and the eye seems better. I'll keep thinking of you both and wishing you well.

5:24 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

What a relief that the eye is healing! I hope it continues to do so and that you're son heals up just fine.

8:26 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I'm glad that his eye is healing and that he doesn't feel tied down anymore - but then it's the weekend now ;)

CindyS

2:10 AM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

If he is making snarky remarks...he's feeling better. I have been in a car accident and looked similar to him. He will heal. It hurts, but he will heal. Thank God for seatbelts and airbags!

11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Anne said...

Poor sweetie. OUCH is all I can think. It's awesome that he's doing better. I'm sorry I missed the original post... I haven't been blog-hopping lately, and this is what I miss out on. (((HUGS))) to you and yours, Rosie. I'm sending healing thoughts his way1

2:27 PM PDT  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

What a relief for all of you. I'm glad to hear he's on the mend, so you can relax a bit.

--Snarky--I never heard that word before this year, and now I hear it all the time.

Sue

3:31 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMIGOD Rosie, I haven't been making my normal blog rounds in quite awhile so I just heard the news. I'm so sorry this terrible thing happened, but I'm glad that he's mostly ok.

I'm sending your son wishes for a speedy recovery as well.

Another really good scifi series in Battlestar Galactica and there are quite a few seasons out there. He might enjoy that.

7:52 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

He makes my heart ache! Poor baby.

I'm so glad he's doing better. Thank you so much for the updates.

4:10 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and messages. Shmoo is doing really well. Man that antibiotic ointment is unbelievable. He now looks like he has sun burn and he's been shedding the abrasions like snake skin...unreal!

His eye is still a bit of worry, but there is every indication he is going to make a full recovery.

Thanks again everyone!

9:12 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

I'm so glad he's doing better, Rosie. Big hugs to all of you.

6:35 AM PDT  
Blogger ellagent said...

i am soooooooooo sorry about your son what happened to him? im on this website everyday but this is the first time i heard about your poor son. well im soooo glad that he is off bed rest and hes some what better. i hope to hear more about him

11:07 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home