A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A day in the life...

While the weekend was all about reading my Presidents Day holiday was spent cleaning. I love, love, love when the house is clean top to bottom, but I hate, hate, doing it.

My final chore was putting the clean sheets on the bed. GG arrived home from work just in time to give me a hand with our king-sized bed. It goes so much quicker with help.

Me: Babe, will you help me with the bed?

GG: Sure. (Puzzled look) What are you doing?

Me: I'm taking off my shirt because I think I'm having a hot flash. I'm so damn hot I'm starting to sweat.

GG: Heh, heh. Babe, you're hot 'cuz I'm home now. I make you hot. Heh, heh.

Me: *eye roll* That is SUCH a dorky thing to say.

GG: So? You tell me I'm a dork all the time.

Me: True, but can't you try to overcome your dorkiness?

GG: Nope. *VBG* Besides I only said that so you would have something to put in your blog.

Me: *head desk*

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

LOL!

Poor GG, and here he thought you were ripping off the shirt for his sake, lol.

Jeff will sometimes make a comment, and if I cock my eyebrow or roll my eyes, he'll say, "What, are you gonna blog about that now?" hoping I will!

2:34 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

They are pitiful aren't they? GG asks me all the time if I put something he said in the blog. *eye roll* Like he's the center of my universe...which he likes to tell me he is at least once a week. :)

5:58 PM PST  
Blogger Jenster said...

Isn't he sweet to give you blogfodder. :o)

6:22 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

OMG, men are so funny!

Bless Bob for not really thinking like that but when he pulls something nasty I always say 'I'm sooo going to blog about this' at which point he responds with 'I'm going to get my own blog and I'm going to reveal what *really* happens'. Yeah right.

The other night he caught me taking pictures of some of the stuff around the house that hasn't been addressed *ahem*. He glares at me and says 'let me guess, you're going to do a blog on all the stuff I haven't done yet!'

He knows me so well.

Funny thing is the minute he sees I'm taking pictures things start getting done. Then he'll ask if I've posted a picture of the work he's finished.

I guess he's do for some butt kicking and praise. I should dig out those photos and put them up ;)

CindyS

8:39 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jen, *snort* blog fodder? Is that what they are calling it these days? ;-)

CindyS, I practically howled when I read your comment. You, my friend are a genius! I'll start taking pictures of the little projects I want finished around the house to see if stuff starts getting done. What a fab-o idea!

9:04 PM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

LOL - men are so cute, aren't they? Always wishful, too *g*

10:18 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, I think it's cute and sweet :) and hey, you did blog about it :)

3:12 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

LOL That's so cute!!

6:41 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home