A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Breaking my Reading Challenge Cherry

Check out this post on Keishon's blog. It's all about TBR Day. I've been working on my TBR for a few months telling myself to read stuff that's been languishing. As you might have noticed from my reading list in February, I read a couple of good books from by TBR and was thrilled I'd finally given them a try.

So when I read Keishon's post today about reading and doing a review of a book from my TBR once a month (the third Wednesday) for the rest of this year, I figured it was just the thing to keep me honest and on track to read some of the books I've been "holding" for some time.

Wish me luck. This is the first reading challenge I've ever given myself. Usually I'm too chicken to make any kind of a commitment never knowing what my reading mood is going to be. Also, I think it's my natural personality to resist a schedule. Call me contrary. It really doesn't make sense because I love to keep a schedule I just don't want to commit to one. Someday I'm going to figure out what that means.

Today I think I might look through my TBR pile and decide what I'm going to read. Good idea? I thought so. I thought I should get started since I have to read it and review it by next Wednesday. Should be interesting with my sisters coming to town and the special visitors I'm meeting for lunch on Sunday.

Maybe NOT contrary. Crazy?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

I've also signed up for it and when I saw your post I panicked thinking I had already missed the first time line. I'm tellin' ya, February/March is like a time warp for me. I just don't have a clue when and where I am.

Okay, that might be true for all the months of the year but it's especially true for F/M. Just saying.

CindyS

9:35 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, you always make me laugh. So, it's on, right? We are going to read one book (at least) from our TBR each month and review it. God help me...

6:43 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home