A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Beatles

My two sons have always rolled their eyes when GG and I talk about The Beatles. Now with the movie ACROSS THE UNIVERSE one would think they each single handedly discovered John, Paul, Ringo and George. At any rate it's been beyond great to hear the music playing in the house and car.

This trip down memory lane lead me to a lenghtly visit to YouTube. I watched an old Meredith Viera documentary (from ABC News) about the Beatles. Tres intéressant! If you go looking for the member RMHenderson9 you can watch the whole thing in 8-9 minute chapters. This is the link to the first installment.

Anyway after watching most of it and marveling once again at the range and depth of their music. I thought I'd post my favorite and found I couldn't post just one. In fact if I'm completely honest I would probably choose three different ones tomorrow. So tell me. What's your favorite Beatle tune?

Love, Love Me Do



Here Comes the Sun



Allison Crowe does such a beautiful version of IN MY LIFE...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I'm a huge Beatles fan. It's hard for me to pick just one song, as it changes daily, but if I go by the songwriter:

John: The Ballad of John and Yoko and I Am The Walrus

Paul: I'm Looking Through You and Helter Skelter

George: Here Comes The Sun and Old Brown Shoe

Ringo: Well Ringo, bless his heart only wrote like two songs while the band was still recording so I'll say Octopus' Garden.

Favorite Album? Probably Rubber Soul - but Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road run a close second and third.

5:05 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

While My Guitar gently weeps got a lot of play time on my stereo. And "something."

Sheesh, there's so many!!! LOL

What did you think of Across the Universe? I liked it.

5:49 PM PST  
Blogger Gigi said...

I guess if I had to pick just one I'd say In My Life, probably. But Penny Lane always makes me happy. Also, Nowhere Man, Yesterday, I Am the Walrus, Hello/Goodbye. Aahhh can't pick just one I could go on and on. BTW the Pnut looooves Hello/Goodbye. He sings it all the time. Since I don't know any lullabyes I would sing Beatles songs to him and now he's a mini fan :)

4:15 PM PST  
Blogger Jenster said...

I have Across the Universe in my Netflix queue. I'm a HUGE Beatles fan. I remember back in the 70's riding around with my dad in his '66 Mustang and listening to one of the L.A. stations play the Beatles A - Z. Good times.

I also have an original Hard Days Night album. It would probably be worth a pretty penny if my oldest sister hadn't drawn hearts around all of Paul's pictures. lol

4:28 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, I see lots of Beatle music in our car trip this summer. I'll hijack GGs iPod. I know songs and rarely know which album they are off of so I'm impressed with your knowlege.

Ames, different songs, different days strike a chord for me and I'll play them over and over again. I just can't believe how accessible the songs still are. Most of them aren't dated at all.

Giselle, IN MY LIFE is an amazing song, isn't it?

I'm guessing one day you will hear P-nut talking to his friends telling them about the Beatles and the friends will be amazed and ask him how he heard of the band.

It happens.

4:30 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jenster, I don't know there are probably loads of collectors that would love it hearts and all.

That's a really great memory you have to associate with the music too.

4:32 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home