A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Author! Author!

That minx Kristie is always trying something new. Just the other day she started a new feature on her blog called 'Author Spotlight'. For this first time she chose one of my all time favorites, Theresa Weir who now writes as Anne Frasier.

I have every one of the books Kristie talks about on her blog. At the time I was reading Ms. Weir I hadn't been reading very many category romances believing they weren't as long as stand alones and therefore could not be as good. Lay your hands on the old Silhouette Intimate Moments IGUANA BAY by Ms. Weir and see if you don't change your mind.

I've missed the unique and strong voice in contemporary romantic fiction that was Theresa Weir. Go over to Kristie's site and take a look, she has given a short blurb about each book.

Since it's been literally years (and years) since I'd read any of my Theresa Weir keepers I asked Kristie if the books were holding up well and whether or not they felt dated. Check out the comments. A couple people mentioned the books did just fine.

I'm looking at those keeper shelves again thinking maybe, just maybe I need to pull one of those Weir books down for next month's TBR day. She's a wonderful writer. If you haven't tried Theresa Weir yet, you really should.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

LOL, with you and Kristie endorsing this author... can't do anything but try her!!! I found Cool Shade at the UBS yesterday! Yay!

9:45 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

She IS a wonderful author isn't she? We who have read her need to ring the bell for those who haven't tried her yet :-) I just finished another one today that I hadn't read before and it surely is another keeper!!

3:37 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I've already got my re-read done for this month, but I think I might do a Weir for next months. Just saying her name I only have great memories of her books. I can't think of a single clunker.

I'll be anxious to see what fresh and younger eyes think. Don't keep us waiting too long!

Kristie, if ever a writer deserved the attention, Theresa Weir, certainly qualifies. Hopefully some of the younger readers like Nath will check her out. Wouldn't it be great if we could convince her to write romance again?

11:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Yes indeed it would. I think she is dearly missed by those of us who have read her

5:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Kristie, I had subscribed to the comments from your Author Spotlight post and saw that Anne Frasier aka Theresa Weir has been commenting and her remarks about toying with writing another romance. Yay! Yay! Yay!

You are remarkable.

7:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home