A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-I-T-Y

spon·ta·ne·i·ty (spnt-n-t, -n-)
n. pl. spon·ta·ne·i·ties
1. The quality or condition of being spontaneous.
2. Spontaneous behavior, impulse, or movement.

spon·ta·ne·ous (spn-tn-s)
adj.
1. Happening or arising without apparent external cause; self-generated.
2. Arising from a natural inclination or impulse and not from external incitement or constraint.
3. Unconstrained and unstudied in manner or behavior.
4. Growing without cultivation or human labor.

Got some? Spontaneity. Do you have any to spare? If so, can I borrow it? Never mind.

What am I thinking?

There is no longer any room in my life for spontaneity.


Do you think your children kill your spontaneity? No, I say. Not kids. Do you think your job kills spontaneity? Nope. Laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning the house? No. No. And, no.

What kills spontaneity is...exercise.

I mean it. Hear me out.

Yes, exercising does give you a feeling of well being. Working out certainly helps you feel good about yourself and builds confidence. But whoever told you that you'd still have time for a life if you are exercising and then doing all the stuff I listed above is a big, fat, liar!

Lately in order for my life to "work" I have to schedule and plan everything. And, yes, I do mean everything. It sucks. It sucks big time. Pun completely and entirely INtended. Or UN-tended as the case may be.

Is it really so much to ask for about 4 more hours in the day?

And now, to demonstrate my frustration, a song from my crush.




Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

Are you saying you're horny, Baby (she writes in an Austin Powers accent)? I used to be spontaneous, and I still am sometimes. Now when I have a spontaneous thought, reality kicks in and the idea gets thrown to the curb because someone needs a ride to practice or we have to get up early, etc, etc!

I always say if I work-out, cook, clean and take care of the kids, you can't expect me to look good and give you sex...that's just impossible to fit all that in in one day!

9:14 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

WarriorM you are the only one who loves me today. Yes, you see my dilemma clearly.

I always say if I work-out, cook, clean and take care of the kids, you can't expect me to look good and give you sex...that's just impossible to fit all that in in one day!

Amen Sistah Woman...words to live by!

5:52 PM PDT  
Blogger Christine said...

The only thing I do spontaneously these days is procrastinate.

Seriously, though, I know what you mean, which is why since January I started going to spin class 6-7 am on Thursdays (have it timed so that I can slip out of bed at 5:36 am, dress, pee, brush teeth, and get to class just in the nick of time..) and spin class at 7-8 am on Sundays (the only day I can actually sleep in... and I don't anymore). So yeah... I could totally use those 4 extra hours in the day. Totally.

11:08 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Christine, I was just commenting to GG that it feels like the more I have to do the more I feel like pulling the covers over my head and hiding. That's why I have to plan and organize or I'd be curled in a ball in the bottom of my closet and never get anything done.

12:18 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

For me it's not the planning of it it's more the time it takes. Come home, change clothes, exercise, get sweaty while exercising, take shower, change clothes (again) - or put on pj's and still have time to make dinner and be with my family? Not happening. *sigh*

I have to find some time though and my ass is starting to take over my king sized bed and John's starting to complain! lol

12:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Tracy, you were kidding about John weren't you? You look fantastic. As for the exercise thing, time is a killer. It just never feels like I have enough time to do everything I want to do in a day.

10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home