A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Movin' On Up...




I've been been with the fire department for 20 months. Twenty months of learning, laughing and realizing all the stuff one little fire department does.

Today is my last day in the job and the department where I started as a part-time clerk. Monday will be a new day in a new department with new challenges.

This may not seem like much to you, but for me at this stage of my life to find this new challenge and not only still be employed, but be able to grow and change in a job, well I have to tell you, I'm profoundly grateful.

So, while I tell one raucous group of co-workers goodbye, I'm moving down the hall to a different department and new challenges.

I can't predict what tomorrow will bring. Stuff changes, even in government related jobs. Every state, county, and city are experiencing deep budget cuts that severely affect all your local services. Your local fire department and police department are not exempt from this.

But today, I'm excited and incredibly grateful for what's ahead of me. It's been an unexpected blessing to find these people and this small fire department at this point in my working life. I'm going to enjoy it and them for as long as it lasts.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Good luck to you in your new position. I think you are more than capable of going in and kicking some new department ass! Go get em! :) {{big hug}}

12:13 PM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Enjoy! I know you'll be missed by your old guys and welcomed wholeheartedly by your new ones.

12:40 PM PDT  
Blogger KT Grant said...

Good Luck! But you will still be surrounded but hot firemen, right?

12:53 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I can totally relate to the change at your age thing. It's kind of scary but exhilarating at the same time isn't it. And best of luck to you - I know you're going to do great.

1:49 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Congrats on starting a new position Rosie! That is great news and I'm sooo glad for you!! :)

Good luck! Hope you have as much fun :) and well, you can still see your co-workers right? You're just moving down the hall...

2:11 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Yay - great attitude for change Rosie. Being grateful is wonderful and what you probably don't know is how grateful the Firehouse is to have YOU!

Great luck!

Cindys

9:12 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Well aren't all of you so nice. It's sort of a big event in my life. My last day is over in Fire & Life Safety (used to be called Fire Prevention) and now I'm on to Administrative Services which is more Payroll and HR type stuff.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I'm very excited to be sure.

Oh, and Kb...it's a small FD so, of course I still see firefighters. There are female firefighters too ya know.

9:57 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home