A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, August 15, 2005

WHY CAN'T I BE FUNNY?

To say I'm jealous of those gifted with "funny" is an understatement. I go trolling along out there in the blogosphere reading and laughing my way as I turn pea green with envy. Oh what I would give for that wacky, witty, wonderful way of looking at life!

I read the funniest blog at
Argh Ink Jennifer Crusie's blog site this afternoon. Of course as I've already mentioned SEP is one of my favorite authors so this blog was particularly amusing for me to read.


I sent the link to my sister and whined how I wish I could be that funny! You know that naturally funny where you "think" funny. You can tell it's just how that person views life and copes. Anyway, the post just before the one on SEP Ms. Crusie speaks about a recent medical diagnosis she received.

While I could identify with both the ice cream and wanting to hit someone with a shovel, I don't think when I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis I could have written about it with such humor. In fact when one knows it isn't fatal and that by making some adjustments one can live a relatively normal life you feel ridiculous complaining...except I wanted to complain and bitch about it alot.

Those near and dear to me know so...don't ya!

What I didn't do is write anything clever about it. I am thinking of buying a shovel though. I'm going to stand it in the corner of my bedroom. So the next time I feel sorry for myself I will remember...I can bash someone with a shovel or...eat ice cream.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

Ro,
I read the Crusie blog and I too laughed my butt off. I bought her book (Anyone but You)on ebay. Can't wait to sink my teeth into that one.

Don't beat yourself up...I think you're funny. OK, so maybe you're no SEP, but you're definately funnier than Chris. Besides, if you want to start cracking jokes about RA, I'm your gal, I laugh with you, cry with you, I may even write material for your blog.

By the way, congrats on your 2 weeks notice! Three cheers for the unemployed...hip, hip, hooray!

Love you,
Mary

10:53 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home