A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, November 04, 2005

A Stolen Idea!!!

So, I'm talking to my sister on the phone and she tells me of a post she's read SMART SOCRATICS. In the post it suggests you google your first name followed by the word NEEDS.

My sister had tried it and got some interesting and funny results, so I figure why not give it a whirl? Of course there were a few drawbacks for me. My first name is Rosie, which means I'd be typing in "Rosie needs". You know as in "Rosie the Riveter" if you are over 70; or Rosie O'Donnell if you aren't. I modestly mention this because a few (only a very few) people have a link to my page listed as 'Rosie's Blog'. Visitors are frequently disappointed that it is only little ole me and not someone famous.

Anyway, I figured that I would get some really cool stuff because of having the same first name as someone famous. *Insert heavy sigh here* After I weed out the critical slams (What Rosie (O'Donnell) needs is a new PR person). And of course, the poignant pleas for help for a special needs dog named Rosie. (Rosie has special needs) I do too...have special needs, but they don't involve a yard to run in or a special dog food diet.

I'm listing 5 of the more interesting ones I culled out between celebrity slams and doggie delights...well the first one is still about the dog, but it was a really good one so I'm keeping it!

Rosie needs...

a forever family. Who doesn't need this? I would only add low maintenance, well mannered and grateful to to be sure if I'm going to spend forever with these people they don't drive me crazy.

to fuck. Yes, yes, and yes. I may be middle aged, but I'm not dead.

all our encouragement and moral support. Bring it on!

Rick. I don't know who this is, but hell I've never met a Rick I didn't like! So a movie, dinner and I have a new friend. Of course the guy I live with might have something to say about this, but I say you can never have too many friends.

help with her school work. Despite my sister Joy's best efforts to convince me I want to go back to school, I'm currently unenrolled. However, I do have a 15 year old in high school and I'd defer the help to him.

So all in all this was an interesting exercise. But just so you know, what I REALLY need is a cabana boy. A cabana boy could help me with all my needs, and if his name is Rick...

15 Calendar Days and 10 work days to go to liberation.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

Who doesn't need a cabana boy? A matter of fact, sometimes I need two! :-)

Glad the exercise was fun for you! I am at a loss and have no writing mojo for a new post! Is this writer's block?

9:28 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home