A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Things that are driving me crazy and WHY I can't blog...

You know I really would rather be nice than not nice. On the other hand, I hate suck ups, synchophantic boot lickers...yuck! But on the whole I would much rather inhabit an environment where the people try to be nice to each other. However, recently this hasn't been the case in my world. Sometimes taking the high road sucks...really, really sucks. Let me just say, it takes alot of energy to be nice when you really would really rather smack someone up the side of their head.

In fact, I have a whole random list of things that are bugging me lately, so if you aren't interested in petty complaining, you shouldn't read any further. It is my current mood. I'm trying to purge so in my "real" life I'm not a complete and utter she-bitch shrew! : )

1. My beautician is moving to Wyoming. Yippee...good for her. However I get my hair cut and colored every 4 weeks. She is coming back every 5 weeks and wants me to adjust my appointments to every 5 weeks. I don't want to wait every 5 weeks. I want to be a bitch and get a new stylist and she can go pound sand. I have serious grey roots at 4 weeks...no way I want to wait another week. She suggested I touch up on my own. Huh?!!! WTF, do I go to a shop for if I want the mess at home? I love my stylist, but I don't feel like being nice and accommodating her lifestyle change.

2. Since I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis it feels like I have a gazillion doctors appointments. Besides the regular annual which involves, lab, mammogram, and sonogram...all separate appointments, I have to get my eyes checked by opthamologist every six months and an optometrist once a year. I go to the rheumatologist every 3 months and get my teeth cleaned twice a year. Or at least this is what I'm supposed to do to be responsible about my health. Now my doctor wants me to add a visit to the gasto-enterologist for a colonscopy because I'm 50. For cripes sakes I have a job people!!! Do you know how much time I have to take off for all these damn appointments...keep track of them and reschedule them when some lab or doctor has a schedule change? It's taking up waaaaay too much time.

3. I hate how guilty I feel about griping about doctor appointments. I don't have anything terminal. I'm lucky what I have is treatable. I just resent the time it sucks out of my life. So I waste more time feeling like a shmuck.

4. How come I'm the only one of the four people I live with who seems to care if the house is a sty? Okay, the guy I live with cares when he's home, but the two male children...not so much. It's aggravating! I hate being the house cleaning police. I'm getting a cleaning lady!

5. While I'm exercising more and eating better. I don't feel like I have my diet and exercise routine organized enough for maximum results. If I don't have the time and energy to blog, I sure as hell don't have to time to further organize this area of my life. Of course, my mom always used to say "We find time for the things that are important to us." Guess this isn't as important as...oh making a trip to the bookstore for instance.

6. I still don't have an assistant hired at work. I've approved two candidates, but I have to wait for background checks from the main office. This is driving me really crazy because there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done.

7. Traffic. Where I live is experiencing another huge growth spurt. We have new stores, malls, homes sprouting every where. Every week it seems one has to adjust how long it takes to get from one point to another. So a trip that used to be 10 minutes could be double that. I haven't adjusted to all the trip/distance changes yet and still have a tendency to underestimate how long it will take to get from point A to point B. I hate being late and I can't understand where the hell all these people are coming from!

8. My husband has a great job he loves, while I'm happy for him...I don't love it so much. Since the first of the year he is on this fabulous (NOT!) schedule of two weeks on days and two weeks on nights. Is it any wonder we can't get schedules adjusted and things organized around here? This seriously deteriorates the sex life. For two weeks of the month we aren't sleeping or working on the same schedule.

Now anyone who knows me also knows that while I adore the kooky and kitschy I'm a pretty buttoned down person. I like order. My brain just does not function well in chaos. These things that are driving me crazy equate to a lot of chaos in my head. I feel pre-occupied and distracted most of the time. As a result, I'll probably have to add another doctor's appointment soon...the psycho therapist I'm going to have to put on retainer before I go completely cuckoo.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

Holy Mother of Pearl! You have A LOT on your plate. I think it's a wonderful idea that you hire a cleaning lady! I wish I could, but I can't quite justify the expense since I don't work outstide the home. :-(

I think you're totally warranted in your frustration! I hear you and I feel your pain! I would say screw it to the teeth cleaning twice a year! You don't have bad teeth, you have good dental hygiene, once a year is enough. Check that off your to-do list. As for Maria leaving...that sucks!

You'll figure things out and quiet your brain. Why? Because you have to! You know yourself best, listen to your mind, body and spirit, sister!

7:35 PM PST  
Blogger Karen Scott said...

Hugs to you chuck!!

10:54 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

My two fans...Mary and Karen. Thanks to both of you for your kind thoughts.

9:54 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home