A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm Baaaaaack!

Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive.
-- Mel Brooks


Okay, this is another quote I read and really related to. I once again swiped it from another site. However, this time I can't remember where I got it and can't credit the brilliant person who found it. Sorry anonymous donor, but thanks for the inspiration!!

I'm back from vacation. We actually got back late last week but have had company and lots to do so this has been my first chance to write anything. Forgive me again for errors or typos as I've lots to say and a short time to do it.


1. About the books I've read...very few "good" ones to report. I very much enjoyed Linda Howard's COVER OF NIGHT. I'm currently reading Christine Feehan's Drake sister book DANGEROUS TIDES. I've read a few comments out there in blogland about Janet Evanovich's latest Stephanie Plum TWELVE SHARP. Seems like many die hards concur about the disappointment of her not moving the story or the characters along in this book at all. It was about "half" a book IMO. I'm still a Marjorie Liu fan even though RED HEART OF JADE did not have the sharpness of her previous two Dirk & Steele novels. She's a great writer and I love her blog WEB PETALS.

2. My dad's girlfriend "Pearl". OMG! That's a story and a half. The guy I live with calls her a bar whore. Now I know that you all don't know the wonderful and marvelous Greg, but believe me he is a pretty easy going guy. He floored my sibs when he announced his opinion of Dad's girl Pearl. My sibs and I are all so disappointed in my 75 year-old father. While we were visiting him he got miffed with Pearl and ends up making out with her best friend Debbie D. who is also in her mid-50s and unlike Pearl not single. That's right...she's been married for 30 years. It seems Debbie D.'s husband is a train engineer and out of town alot. That's why good old Deb is available to hang out at the bars with good friend Pearl.

Trust me, I'm not laying all the blame on the chicks in this scenario. My Dad's acting worse than an adolescent. Of course, the making out was all a big mistake and he "luuuuuurves" Pearl. Can you say "whatever!" to an old perv and have him understand what that means? In all these scenarios vodka and whiskey both play prominent roles. Maybe you caught on the first 10 times or so I've mentioned most of the so-call courtship takes place in and around a bar in Helena, Montana called Dapper D's. A place we checked out while there...blech! is about the nicest I can say about it.

3. I'm so thrilled for Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban on their nuptials. Boo-yah to Tom and "Kate"! Some people still want to get married in church with their families present.

That's it for today. I'll be off for a few days again. One of my sisters is having surgery on her neck and I'll be trekking to the hospital and then helping out during her recovery.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home