A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tagged

KarenS tagged me while I was on walkabout. If you are interested in why I blog...read on.

When did you start blogging and why?
I actually wrote my first post in July 2005. I had three entries under my belt when I deleted the whole blog while trying to delete something else. Yeah, not an auspicous start. My current blog was started in August 2005. My blog's first birthday is just around the corner. I started because my comments were getting longer and longer on other people's sites and I wanted a chance to express my own opinion...and it's cheaper than therapy. *g*

What don’t you talk about?
Anything someone told me in confidence...even if I know they don't or won't read my blog. Some personal stuff.

Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
Yeah, I think so. I've had some people tell me they recognize my tone of voice in what I write. Of course, I frequently wonder if people are as honest or as vocal in real life as they are anonymously online. I try to state my (strong) opinions the same way online as I would in person. To me that's just being honest. Besides I don't think anonymity is license for behaving like a barbarian.

How do you use blogging to build friendships?

Hmmm...I like and admire many people online and wonder if we would be friends in "real" life. While reading about a person's thoughts, opinions, etc. eliminates the perceptions we form by a person's physical presence, I'm not certain how much we really know a person by our online experiences. Also, I try to be conscious of personal space. I comment on and read several blogs, but I've sent emails to only a very few people. Humpf, that wasn't a very enlightening answer was it? Ummm...I guess "I don't know" would have been better.

How would you describe your writing style?
I don't really have one. I'm schizophrenic. My posts are all over the place from books, to news, to entertainment gossip, my family... I have no plan or idea what I'll say or blog from one day to the next. I long to be witty and funny but just try to be honest and sincere...and not too cutesy. (Is that a word?) *g*


Tagging:
In the immortal words of
Super Librarian:

"Ha! No one! Ya'll been tagged already me thinks."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home