A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

THE DEPARTED directed by Martin Scorsese




























Holy jumpin' catfish! Wow! Was this ever a movie. We went yesterday because all the fully loaded testerone people I live with couldn't wait. I have the trailer here as well. While this is an acting tour de force...it is very violent. It has lots of tension, suspense, twists and turns. I didn't once think of Martin Sheen as President Josiah Bartlett (West Wing), or Jack Nicholson as well...Jack Nicholson. I'm not a particular Leo DiCaprio fan but he is absolutely excellent in this film. So is Matt Damon. I admire Scorsese's respect for his audience and allowing us to figure things out on our own.

So if you like intense films, and can stand the violence that goes along with many Scoresese films, you should race out to get your tickets to this one. I fully expect it will have Oscar contenders.





Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Wow. This sounds really good. I'm going to have to tell MM we need to see it. It's definitely Theater worthy, then?

12:03 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

It's very good. Violent but good. There was a clunk performance in the movie. Everyone was on their game...definitely worth a theater ticket.

12:22 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Der....I meant there WASN'T one clunky performance in the movie.

12:24 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bf and I want to catch this one too! Hmmm mebe tonight?

7:45 AM PDT  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Can't wait to see it! Of coursem being here, I'll have to. Love Damon, love Di Caprio, love Wahlberg. I know it'll be violent but also uncompromising--a great winter movie!

8:39 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I saw this on Friday night and I have to agree with everything you said. And you said it so articulately. LOL All I could say was that "it was good." :P

7:27 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, you know I'm always thinking everyone else is more articulate than me!! Holy jumpin' catfish is soooo sophisticated...don't ya thing? : ) Thanks for stopping by.

7:51 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home