A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Everything but the kitchen sink...

John Mayer and Sheryl Crow were fabulous! They both performed great. One of my biggest peeves is when a performer sounds like crap live. I’ve gotten better as I’ve gotten older when listening to the music on CD how much of it’s “canned” and so know to not to expect much in a live performance.

Both of these performers are so reliant on their voices and the music itself. They also come across as very sincere in their performance and interaction with the audience. It must be true because the review in the LA Times this morning agreed with me! *G*

Sheryl looked great and performed mostly her hits which had the crowd standing and singing along. John’s show was a mixture of hits and stuff from his new CONTINUUM CD. I think he has been working on his singing because it seems like his voice range has increased. Of course, the big thing for my two sons is his guitar playing. I know I sound like his mother I’m gushing so much, but for 28 years old that young man is seriously talented.

I can’t help myself…I’m putting in another John Mayer song COME BACK TO BED. It's a fav of the guy I live with. What can I say? I’m on a JM high.





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The last book reviews I posted are from books I read about a week and a half ago. With the exception of HOT NIGHT which I reviewed from my new stash, I’m sort of in a reading funk. You know where nothing is connecting. Kind of like Kristie(J) was talking about recently. There are books I want to read in my TBR, but nothing grabbing me.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I’m letting you all know that I’ll be posting another AOL Gold Rush blog…probably tomorrow. I’m in the process of letting AOL know to take me off their blog list because I have so many people coming to my blog looking for help with the game. Crikeys those college kids are bunching together in groups to solve the challenges and you can’t believe the traffic I’m getting. I’m imagining some engineering geek from MIT coming to my site for Gold Rush tips and a romance cover loading. Then again, some of those geeky guys should get a clue and read a romance. While most romance novels hardly reflect “real” life, they sure can give any guy an idea of what women want.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

i know what ya mean about the reading funk...the last book I read and the one I am reading now (so far) is not tickling my fancy, but i'm not a quitter! i'm gonna see it through! lol

1:07 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home