A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Going to the store...

Remember when your kids were small and you had to practically tie them down when you went into the store so they didn't touch or break anything? Or, worse worrying about someone making off with them? I was in a Wal-Mart once when an 18-month old was taken from her Mom's shopping cart, drugged, head shaved and clothes changed in the bathroom. Fortunately the Mother had gone to store security right away instead of looking for the baby by herself and they found the child in the bathroom. The store was locked up tight and people were let out 2 or 3 at a time. Scary!!

Anyway, when your children get older you start to worry a little less. Heck by the time they are 16 you figure it's no big deal for them to go look at Halloween stuff in Target while you are doing some shopping. As the minutes go by though the old fears can kick in. You might get worried and go looking for them when they don't answer their cell phone. Your heart pounds and your pulse accelerates as you go searching in the store. Then you might turn a corner and find this:



























Remember all those years of "Look with your eyes, not with your hands!" Are all for naught, because when they turn 16 they open Halloween costumes and model them in the store aisles!


4 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

LMAO! That's funny. Except, the baby getting stolen out of the cart is STILL one of my biggest fears. The Girl wants so bad to be left alone, or to walk to the bathroom by herself, but I just can't bring myself to let her. There are way too many scary people in the world. *sigh*

Still, that's hilarious!

7:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I'm still at the learning to let go stage. My poor niece is 14 and I'm sure she wishes I was there already. I can't help it ~ she's my baby.

So, did your son buy the chicken outfit?

11:09 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

As I've said many times my boys are 16 and 19. I still worry when they aren't where they are supposed to be.

Holly, yes I laughed too once I found the little schmuck. That's how the picture got taken.

Dev, he didn't buy the chicken suit. He is thinking of getting a Superman suit though. Go figure. Who can guess what the adolescent male will do next.

11:46 PM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! I love it when kids are able to be funny instead of being filled with teenage angst!

And awwwww...he's 16 and still will go to Wal-Mart with mom! :)

7:58 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home