A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Next 30 days...

...are going to be pretty busy. Lots going on with holidays, family birthdays, and anniversarys. I'm happy because my husband and I are both off this week. This means we have a head start on the next 30 days which will be busy, but fulfilling and fun as well.

Yeah, yeah, we will all be hearing all sorts of things about what Christmas REALLY means, and I agree, I do, but being busy and doing things for the season is also fun, it's just important to keep balance and not get so caught up in holiday preparations that you don't enjoy the holiday.

First up this week is Thanksgiving. Just my immediate family and my Dad this year. Of course, after dinner we will be going to my sister's house for a bigger family gathering and enjoy dessert together. That is if we aren't in a
tryptophan induced coma from the turkey.

Gratitude and thankfulness is an important part of my life especially when I'm feeling sorry for myself or blue. It really does help me to remember my great good fortune in life starting with my fabulous husband. Anyway, I'll be thinking of all the things I'm thankful for this week. When I'm at my lowest I always remind myself that there is a mother, daughter, sister, wife somewhere in the world walking miles for
water and all I have to do is turn on the tap. PERSPECTIVE...everything is perspective.

Speaking of things I'm thankful for...laughter and humor. We watched a good bit of
Comic Relief 2006 last night which was for Hurricane Katrina relief. I did a
post a couple of months ago around the one year anniversary of Katrina about a Spike Lee documentary about the conditions that still exist in New Orleans a year later. Last night between sketches and comedy routines Comic Relief did a great job of personalizing what individual families are still having to deal with. This is a good time and season to give...go take a look. BTW, for all you pet lovers, what happened with the animals is just awful. Monies from this event are also going to help the displaced pets.

You may have noticed my
ONE banner on the side bar. I hope, if you haven't already, you'll go check it out as well. ONE is not as interested in your money donation as they are in your participation. I don't participate in everything, I get their newsletter and sometimes I just hit delete because I'm busy or can't be bothered. I'm not perfect. But I do try to stay aware of the world around me and the things they are doing are so important. Right now there is a ultra marathon across the Sahara Desert (yes THE SAHARA DESERT!) to bring attention to the need for water. Matt Damon's production company is doing the project and Mr. Damon is narrating.

My list of things I'm grateful and thankful for is a long one and that is what I wish for people, to have a long list of things to be grateful for.

"If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.”
–Rabbi Harold Kushner

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger WarriorM said...

Thinking of you! How was Vegas?

10:49 PM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Rosie! I hope you have a wonderful holiday :-)

12:22 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks Devonna...you too!!

12:58 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home