A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hah! Another One (or Three) Bites the Dust...

What a relief that I'm slowly but surely plodding my way through that "To Do List" we all hate. You know the list of stuff you are putting off until you absolutely can't stand it any more and have to do it?

Here's part of my list:

1. Clean out the filing cabinet in our office. Update and relabel files. Make new 2007 files.

2. Tag old posts on blog.

3. Add links on blog and delete others.

4. Clean out computer, phone and online files. Reorganize, alphabetize and delete. Sift through photo files and do same.

5. Update monthly menus and shopping list and start using them again.

6. Update my 2006 book list and reorganize list and enter books for 2007.

There's more but they are all as loathesome and boring as these. For instance I need to figure out and plan when I'm taking all my drapes in for Spring cleaning. I rotate them so all the windows won't be covered in sheets at once and I won't owe the drycleaners my first born to get the drapes back.

Honestly some of these are on the list when they ordinarily wouldn't be like number 6. Usually I log and organize as I go, but when I did my project over November and December I got behind. It was only a few books, because I was busy with the project, but then I just let them start piling up. Thankfully I've emerged from my stupor and taken care of that one.

In fact of those I've listed 4. and 6. are done and I'm working on 3. which is mostly done. Cleaning up my files on my phone and computer was a major undertaking. All done now and it feels great to have gotten rid of stuff. In fact as I look at my list I've completed a couple of others like going through ye old bookshelves and culling books to take to the UBS. I had 4 bags of books to take in. I think I can rewrite my list and maybe cheer myself up even more.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle said...

Well done! It's such a relief to have things organized.

3:59 AM PST  
Blogger scooper said...

I hate it when I get behind. It seems like it takes forever to catch back up and stay caught up. Good luck!

10:39 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Gabrielle, for sure!!

scooper, when I'm caught up what keeps me caught up is remembering how I hate to have things hanging over me. I'm feeling much better, but still want to get to that filing cabinet and tag my posts prior to beta. I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...

12:08 PM PST  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Hi Rosie,
I like your lists. I make them too. Funny, I was just doing that when I took a break to check out some blogs. I read mine and saw you left another comment. Thanks.

4:53 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

SS, good to see you out and about. Yeah...lists, I should really get back cracking on mine.

2:02 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

Ho-boy! You are way ahead of me - I think I need to add your todo list to mine. Right now, I need to clean more than organize and then when I'm done cleaning, I'm too busy enjoying the reward of sitting and doing nothing - for weeks on end ;)

CindyS

12:38 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, "way ahead" is a relative term. I'm sure not where I want to be, but I've been doing a little bit every day and I'm finally feeling like I'm getting caught up. There's always stuff to do, but I can't stand to get behind.

8:06 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home