Hah! Another One (or Three) Bites the Dust...
What a relief that I'm slowly but surely plodding my way through that "To Do List" we all hate. You know the list of stuff you are putting off until you absolutely can't stand it any more and have to do it?
Here's part of my list:
1. Clean out the filing cabinet in our office. Update and relabel files. Make new 2007 files.
2. Tag old posts on blog.
3. Add links on blog and delete others.
4. Clean out computer, phone and online files. Reorganize, alphabetize and delete. Sift through photo files and do same.
5. Update monthly menus and shopping list and start using them again.
6. Update my 2006 book list and reorganize list and enter books for 2007.
There's more but they are all as loathesome and boring as these. For instance I need to figure out and plan when I'm taking all my drapes in for Spring cleaning. I rotate them so all the windows won't be covered in sheets at once and I won't owe the drycleaners my first born to get the drapes back.
Honestly some of these are on the list when they ordinarily wouldn't be like number 6. Usually I log and organize as I go, but when I did my project over November and December I got behind. It was only a few books, because I was busy with the project, but then I just let them start piling up. Thankfully I've emerged from my stupor and taken care of that one.
In fact of those I've listed 4. and 6. are done and I'm working on 3. which is mostly done. Cleaning up my files on my phone and computer was a major undertaking. All done now and it feels great to have gotten rid of stuff. In fact as I look at my list I've completed a couple of others like going through ye old bookshelves and culling books to take to the UBS. I had 4 bags of books to take in. I think I can rewrite my list and maybe cheer myself up even more.