A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

We have a Winner!!

You'll never believe what absolutely splendiferous thing happened to me last week. I won ebooks!!!

First off I got an email early in the week from Angie (Nice Mommy/Evil Editor) saying that I won the Shannon Stacey ebook ON THE EDGE which was a Samhain release last week. I won just by commenting the previous week on Angie's site. She does book give aways each week called FREE BOOK FRIDAYS. She announces at the beginning of the week which of her releases (she edits for Samhain) she will be giving away. Anyway, I was excited to win and happy to be able to try a Shannon Stacey book.

Then on Sunday I was catching up on my emails and while reading and responding I got my newsletter from Madison Hayes and Rhyannon Byrd. These two authors are published by Ellora's Cave and put out a newsletter called Pure Magick. You can sign up for it by going to their sites or on Yahoo Groups. So there I was trying to catch up on emails and thinking I really didn't have time to read the newsletter. So, of course I opened the newsletter to read it. For once being a Nosy Nora paid off. As I was reading through the newsletter I saw my Yahoo addy listed as being the winner of TWO ebook downloads of Madison Hayes' books. Can you say gob-smacked?!! I could hardly believe my eyes and read through and looked at that addy about three times before I emailed Madison Hayes and give her the info to have the downloads I requested emailed to me.

Three books in a single week, I can hardly believe it! Even though I have thanked Angie and Madison already by email I just want to say it again. Thank you very much. The books are appreciated and I look forward to reading them.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Stacey said...

Yay, Rosie! It was your lucky week. :)

I hope you enjoy On the Edge!

4:55 AM PDT  
Blogger Anne said...

Go Rosie! You lucky dame, you! Isn't it exciting to win stuff, and when it comes in a windfall like that... wow! Good for you!

5:43 AM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Good stuff Rosie!! Aren't free books the best?

7:50 AM PDT  
Blogger scooper said...

Woo-hoo! You're a lucky girl. Feels good, huh? Are you going to play the lottery now?

2:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Shannon, don't know if you'll be back by, but I was wondering if this can be read as a stand alone since it is the second in a series.

Anne, it was some week I tell you. Of course, not as exciting as getting a writing contract!

Ames, free books are soooo cool and awesome. I was so jazzed that Madison Hayes let me pick the two downloads I wanted. TWO!

scooper, lucky doesn't begin to describe how fun this was. All I can say is Wow!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

10:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Shannon Stacey said...

I tried to make it stand alone, Rosie, but as a bonus prize, if you email me which format you like, I'd be happy to send you 72 Hours so you can read them in order. :)

(I absolutely can't read any series out of order or my head explodes. *g*)

I think my email should show up for you, but just in case it's shannonstacey @ gmail dot com.

1:01 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Shannon I answered you by email but I wanted to let everyone here know what a cool chick you are to send me the first book in the Devlin series. Thanks so much!

1:38 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home