A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date...

Busy interviewing and with life. I took a brief moment yesterday to stop and shop for some books. The new haul:

1. WILD THING an anthology with Maggie Shayne, Meljean Brook, Marjorie Liu and Alyssa Day

2. NIGHT LOST by Lynn Viehl which is the 4th Darkyn book

3. I'M WATCHING YOU by Karen Rose This is a new to me writer because I usually like authors that both Tara Marie and Wendy like. This isn't a book that either of them mentioned, but it was one of two titles available at my B&N so I'm giving her a try.

4. CASTLE OF THE WOLF - Sandra Schwab This is totally Sybil, Sybil, Sybil. Another new to be author brought to my attention by Sybil and whose story premise intrigued me.

5. THE DEMON YOU KNOW - Christine Warren I've read some of her stuff from EC in the past and am interested to see how she does with a single title. I read the prologue in the store and figured what the heck.

6. BLED DRY - Erin McCarthy I've mostly enjoyed her books as entertaining romantic comedy. I've been sort of hit or miss with these vamp books, but this was the next installment. I'm crazy because these are expensive trade sized books, but there it was in my hands... I'm weak!

Right now I'm finishing up SATISFACTION GUARANTEED by Lucy Monroe. This book has been a change of pace from the more intense and involved books I've been reading. Not a bad book, but nothing new either. I guess Megan Hart and Meljean Brook have spoiled me...huh?

No links today. I've got alot of regular household stuff to do before a call back interview. Try to stay out of trouble out there, okay?

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger scooper said...

You beat me to the store to buy a couple of books. Thanks for the reminder of what I need to do today.

8:35 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Castle of the Wolf is on my TBB. I adore gothics. Love them!

I have I'm Watching You in the TBR, along with Rose's entire backlist. I've read two by her and enjoyed both - Count To Ten and Nothing To Fear.

8:58 AM PDT  
Blogger Sandra Schwab said...

Rosie, I hope you'll enjoy Castle and the journey into the Black Forest! Stop by for a cup of tea when you pass Mayence (or Mainz -- that's where I work). :)

All the best,
Sandra

10:27 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Scoop, Tuesdays new release day. The bookstore is usually on my list of things to do.

Wendy, I'm curious to give her a try, you and TM rarely steer me wrong. As for Castle of the Wolf, I'm pretty excited to read it after taking in the buzz.

Sandra, thanks for stopping by! I lived in Germany for approximately 2 years in my early 20s. My Dad was stationed there and I went to visit my family and decided to stay. I got a job and moved into a little attic room I rented in a house in Sembach Village. I worked as a civilian on the base but lived off the base. It was an awesome experience. I took a train with some friends and visited Mainz for a fasching parade/celebration. Lots of fun and wonderful memories. That was in 1977 probably before you were born!

10:46 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a good time in Germany, Rosie. And the carnival parades in Mainz are something else! *ggg* Back in February I posted some pics of this year's parade on my blog. (You'll need to scroll down a little.)

And I was already born when you visited Mainz! (though I was only 4 or 5 months old *g*)

11:03 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

I haven't read one of those authors, and yet I'm still giddy for you!

12:30 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sandra I loved Germany. I have some wonderful memories not the least of which is falling in love for the first time. I checked out your pictures. They brought a smile to my face remembering...


Jenster, now then fun part...I get to read 'em!

12:41 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

I didn't read this post yet (no time) but I wanted to let you know you won the contest on Book Binge. :)

CONGRATS!

Please email us when you have a chance.

Have a great day!

Holly

3:07 PM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

Ok, I had a sec and was able to read your post.

Karen Rose is an amazing author. She released her first novel in (I think) 2003, Don't Tell, which I truly enjoyed, but she seems to get better with each book she writes. You're in for a treat, I think.

4:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Kris said...

Hey Rosie, you got some great books! Always great to get new ones. I love Christine Warren's books. Just a heads up it is part of a series. It is part of her Others series. There are two others that were released in mass market and some more from EC. The two MM ones could be read as stand alones but I have not gotten to read this one yet.

5:51 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Hey Rosie! I hope you enjoyed I'm Watching YOu! it's quite good :D the only on by Karen Rose that I didn'T like was You Can't Hide. I thought that one was her weakest... and her best is Count To Ten. You're lucky... I still can't find Castle, think I'll need to order. I have Wild Thing... ordered for Meljean Brooks... it was surprising to me, cos Selah seemed very different from what I imagine her to be from DA.

7:52 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, I finally emailed you. Winning those books was sooooo awesome! I won a book last week at Sybils but had to decline because I had the book already. This is so...well you get my drift. Thanks. You'll see COUNT TO TEN is one of my choices, btw.

Kris, welcome to my little corner of cyber world. Thanks for the heads up on CW's book. I'm fairly certain I haven't read anything but her EC releases so I'll have to make sure this is a stand alone. I liked the prologue alot.

Nath, I just visited your blog and your recent shopping trip helped me make up my mind for my choices for my prize. Haven't cracked the Karen Rose book yet, but I'm excited with all the enthusiastic endorsements.

10:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

I just picked up If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl. I'm excited to start the series...especially since the cover says "Erotic, darker than sin, and better than good chocolate." Ha!

9:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jodi, you won't be sorry...at least I don't think so. It's a good series.

11:52 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home