A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, June 25, 2007

FIREFLY





















Thanks to online fans of this series and its star, the captain of the Firefly, Nathan Fillion, I purchased the entire series for some ridiculously low price in a bin sale at my local Target. I think I got the four series DVDs in a boxed set for $18.99. What a steal!

Let me just say I don' t know how I missed this when it was on TV. Okay, I do know because I don't watch much TV, but it's too bad. My only wish when I finished these DVDs was for the TV series to have had more episodes. We did go and rent the movie Serenity which helped with some of the sting of the series being over, but I was still left with wanting more. I'll definitely be looking for the movie to buy so I can complete the collection. When I watch the series again it just won't be complete without the movie.

Kudos to Whedon and Tim Minear for a great series, imaginative scripts and characters. You can find out about all things Firefly here. You can buy it here, or look for it on sale and score it like I did. You won't be sorry.

BTW, I'm not the only one who thinks Firefly kicks ass. Other admirers are AngieW, Zeek, Bam...oh and these guys. Does this mean I'm a nerd?

To get more Firefly I guess I have to buy a graphic novel. I've purchased these for my sons but never for myself. Crikeys a whole new world is opening up. Can my wallet stand it?

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I only saw a couple episodes of this show, but I remember liking it. And what's not to like about Nathan Fillion?

8:41 PM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

hey Rosie :) You're lucky! it's always fun to get tv series for cheap and on DVD! enjoy watching it :D

10:11 AM PDT  
Blogger Kate said...

Yay! We discovered that series a few months back and went through the "where was this all of my life?" thing, too.

Everyone in the family liked it, too. Very rare. Mythbusters and Firefly appeals to all ages.

6:24 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Zeek, I already answered about your spoiler in email to you. Will there be another movie...ever? River would be the perfect female super hero don't you think?

Lori, you can't watch it from the beginning and not be hooked. We were.

Nath, I probably would have missed this gem if not for the online buzz. And, yes, I looooove getting such a bargain.

Kate, yes, it is very rare indeed when we all like something. My boys had watched the whole series previously but ended up wandering in and watching with us. I love that and the discussions that follow.

10:48 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Mmmmm-mmmm-mmmm Nathon Fillion! Loved the series and was so happy when they made the movie. I was a Jane/River shipper although it would never have come to fruition so maybe it's better it never happened ;)

CindyS

2:42 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home