A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Google Reader and My UnMade Bed

Drum roll please...I've got all 53 of my favorite blog sites on Google Reader. I have to admit it was pretty simple, AND as of this moment I'm up-to-date with reading posts and commenting. I want to thank you all for your endorsement because it went surprisingly well and was pretty painless and effortless.

My advice to anyone else who is procrastinating or resisting is this, "What are you waiting for?" Nothing worse than a convert is there?

I've decided to hold off on the whole Word Press thing for now. You all convinced me. I'm in a transitional period as it is and I don't need that to worry about on top of everything else.

Guess what else? I didn't make my bed yesterday. GG was pretty confused when he got home yesterday afternoon and the bed wasn't made, but he didn't say anything. Probably because he's hoping the next time he bounds out of bed some Saturday morning and says, "C'mon let's go ___________", I won't make a big production of getting ready AND insisting we make the bed before we leave. So, I'm feeling pretty good about the unmade bed. Isn't that awesome? I didn't feel guilty about it either. I did my online thing with Google Reader and read LEAN MEAN THIRTEEN by Janet Evanovich.

Go ahead laugh, but it's quite cheering for me. I have hopes of becoming quite reckless in my middle years. Next I plan to leave dirty clothes on the floor for...what's a scandulous period of time to leave dirty clothes on the floor? A day? A week? ::big sigh:: Never mind just typing it made my heart race, I don't think I'll be doing that one. Maybe leave my shoes out in the living room right in front of the couch...now we're talking. Unmade beds, idle shoes. God knows what I'll do next.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

Woohoo!! It's a step!!

Course, you have to be careful what you wish for. I have a tendency to drop my clothes on the floor on my way to bed. Poor Bob just couldn't figure this out and when we were first married I remember my mother saying that Bob's style was sparse.

Twelve years later and the man rivals me for clothes being dropped everywhere. I finally told him a month ago that he couldn't use three bedrooms as a closet! He has clothes on the floor on his side of the bed. Clean clothes piled on the yellow room bed and yet more clothes in my book room ON THE BED!!

I have to have one bedroom that looks neat!

*ahem*

And I didn't know there was a scandalous amount of time to leave clothes on the floor.

Ooops. I think we're going to need smelling salts for Rosie ;)

CindyS

2:59 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

You're turning into quite the revel, Rosie!! LOL

9:22 AM PDT  
Blogger Holly said...

You didn't make it for the whole day? Like..did you fix it before you got into bed or did you just climb in with the covers all messed up?

Because years ago I was super anal about making my bed in the morning. Then I got lazy and wouldn't make it before I left for work. Now, I hardly ever make my bed in the morning, but I ALWAYS make it before I get into it. I just can't stand to get into an unmade bed. MM doesn't understand why I make it only to immediately mess it up again, but there you go. lol

9:39 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?


Jen, let's not send up any balloons yet. K?


Holly, GG can't get into an unmade bed either, but I have to admit after he saw the unmade bed I made it up while he was changing out of his work clothes. I just feel better when the bed is made, ya know?

12:02 PM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

LOL! I never used to make the bed, and as I get older, I find I like it neater and neater. Go figure.

And, WTG on getting Google Reader! Isn't it da bomb?!

8:42 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lori, it is pretty cool. It's much faster and easier to use than my Kinja was. I'm lovin' it.

9:04 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

I meant "rebel"!! LOL Though if you want to revel in your rebellion that's fine with me.

1:05 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home