A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Call Me Mrs. WHINER!

I promise this won't take long but I'm so AGGRAVATED with CHARTER that I want to sock someone. Why can't I keep an internet connection for more than 10 minutes at a time? Huh? I've called AGAIN and there's basically no explanation. They assure me that the construction in the area has NOTHING to do with the drops. Yeah, uh-huh. Then what's up with your lousy service?

Tonight was agony trying to catch up on posts, comments and writing. Generally speaking my blog hopping is a great source of relaxation and entertainment for me...much more so than TV. Not tonight. I want to pull my hair out in great gobs and handfuls.

My apologies for the lost and DOA emails. If I owe you one you better re-send. I told GG tonight that I want wireless now. Whose got good wireless service. Anybody? Someone you just love? Good service... Who are they? Any good recs out there for me?

There is some better news. I picked up Linda Howard's latest UP CLOSE AND DANGEROUS this afternoon. I'm almost scared to read it. I don't want to be disappointed. Which has nothing to do with my desire to meet her and thank her for countless hours of great reading in the past, just some (not all) of the more recent books haven't been as fab as the older ones, imho.

Oh, I also scored a copy of BREATHLESS by Laura Lee Guhrke at the UBS. It's one of the two I had jotted down as books by her I should read. Can't remember who rec'd it. Wendy? Tara Marie? Anyway, I haven't decided whether or not to read it first or the LH book. What to do, what to do. What would you read first?

Okay I've copied and pasted this post into Blogger. Now to see if I can get it published before the service drops...



Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Casee said...

Maybe it's an internet provider conspiracy. We've been having AWFUL internet problems at home. We're supposed to have the fastest speed available for personal use. Uh-huh.

I got my copy of LH's new one yesterday. I'm scared, too. I can't even remember the last book of hers that I loved.

6:49 AM PDT  
Blogger Jodi_Lee said...

I would say it has everything to do with the construction around your house - liars! We have power-surges in these parts and our power goes off at least a few times a day, which is quite frustrating if you are using the desktop and in the middle of the best post you've ever written!! Ha! We have AT&T DSL and our service is great, fast, and very reasonably priced.

6:56 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

We have DSL through AT&T (formerly SBC) and it's been nothing but great for us. I think it's quite reasonable (roughly $25/month) - and paying it is a snap since it comes with our regular phone bill.

I know it was me who rec'ed BREATHLESS, as it's probably my favorite romance novel ever. I know Rosario and Kristie liked it, not sure about Tara Marie....

8:26 AM PDT  
Blogger Mailyn said...

OK, what's Charters?!?!? I am so lost here.

Oh and I noticed my most active day was Thursday as well. Odd and creepy. LOL.

9:13 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Casee, it's extremely annoying and more than a little inconvenient. BTW, haven't cracked the LH yet.

Jodi, well it turns out now they are claiming something along settings to my house and power surges. So they did some fancy footwork today and most of the afternoon it's been on. Although as I'm typing this it's flashed on and off about 3 times again. Aargh!

Wendy, your favorite ever? Wow, that's a big rec. Must've been you. Well it's sitting there staring at me. I could go start reading it or, you know, try to publish these comments.

Mailyn, Charter is CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS it's huge here in the southwestern states for cable TV and internet. They've also been trying desperately to get people to try their phone service. Cold day in hell for that.

7:44 PM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

I have DSL thru Brighthouse but I dunno if ya'll have that in your area. I think they're only in the south. Anyhoo, I'd highly rec the Guhrke book. I read it some years ago and I ain't gonna lie I don't remember any of it. But the title gives me the warm and fuzzies so I must've liked it. IMO, you just can never go wrong with LLG

8:45 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Now I'm going to wait and see if you liked the Howard. I haven't liked the last few and haven't been tempted to buy this one. Yet.

Sorry about the connection issues. I hate being disconnected!

CindyS

9:40 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Giselle, I have to admit my curiosity is piqued now. As for the internet, I had a show down this afternoon and it's been behaving much better.

Cindy, I don't know if I'll do a full blown review on the LH but I will definitely comment on it one way or the other.

10:17 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I ended up crashing real early last night so I know I'm late commenting - but have a great time meeting with the other bloggers.
I panic when my cable goes down. Thankfully it doesn't happen often - but it's like my connection to the world is gone.
And you'll love Breathless! One of her best. You scored good there.

6:41 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home