A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Too Pooped to Post

That's me! Too pooped to post. The new job is great. The people in my department are all very nice and welcoming. I'm working at one of our area fire protection districts in the Fire Prevention department. It's an admin support job, but our offices are attached to one of the larger and fully operational fire stations. Yes, it's way cool and already looks like it will be a fun and interesting place to work.

Since I'm only working part-time the job isn't what has me dragging my bootie. My nephew is staying with us for the week while his parents are on a cruise. See these beautiful tan and happy people? I know them. They are related to me. This is what they looked like BEFORE the cruise. Imagine how happy they will be when they come home.





So the nevvie isn't the reason I'm tired because he is, after all, 14 and doesn't require a lot of hands-on care. Nope, I made enchilada casserole last night and BAKED IT which means I turned on my oven when it was over 100 degrees outside and humid as all get out. The end result is that I feel like I was in a sauna for the entire time the casserole baked. Why would I do that one might ask. Well, for one thing my nephew really, really wanted enchiladas. For another I was parked in the kitchen for most of the cooking time prepping stuff for today's dinner and cleaning and slicing fresh fruit for last night's meal. Nephew lurved the enchiladas so except for me sweating off a couple of pounds and frying myself it's all good even if I did end up pooped.

Reading is good too when I get a chance to do some. I recently finished WIRED by Liz Maverick. Innovative and different. I liked it and will checking out more books in the Shomi line in the months ahead. Right now I'm reading HOT WHEELS AND HIGH HEELS by Jane Graves. I'm enjoying it, but am only a few pages into it. I've got so many books and no time to read right now. I'm sure I'll get into some sort of rhythm once I get going in the new job, but for now I seem to be running full tilt and the summer is just speeding by.

Harry Potter movie comes out tomorrow. I don't think we will be able to see it until the weekend. We've always gone to the HP movies as a family and want to do so again...probably with the boys' girlfriends too. However, when that many people are involved who all work it becomes challenging. So we'll see what happens. I can't wait to see it.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

Dang. That's before they left? Green is so not my colour but I think I'm wearing it ;)

Hope the sleepies leave you be soon.

And YAY on the job front!

CindyS

11:32 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get unpooped, can you post the enchilada casserole recipe?

2:15 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Congrats and good luck on the new job!! and I'm happy you got it, even if it's part-time... do you get to see many firefighters? and are they cute? LOL :D

and ain't it fun? You get to cook and lose weight at the same time! :D

4:54 AM PDT  
Blogger Tara Marie said...

The new job sounds great!!

You really need to post that enchilada casserole recipe :)

7:12 AM PDT  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Hey Rosie, I've been out of the loop for a bit, but things are settling down some around here. Congrats on the job! Plus it sounds as if you've been enjoying your summer! Good for you.

Sue

7:39 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, yeah aren't they the cutest? The wretches! I don't know if you remember that photo of the fire captain I posted last year? This is our very own fire captain.

Gabrielle, hope to have the recipe up tomorrow.

Nath, first off most of the fire fighters I've met are married or about to marry. And, some are cute (real cute) and some are not. Kind of like guys in real life. Although, IMO there are the most cute male fire fighters in the world in San Francisco. Which all by itself is a good reason to go to RWA next year.

TM, day 3 today and I'm liking it better each day as I do more. I'm learning new stuff and I always like that. Recipe coming up.

Sue, thanks so much. I'm be waiting to hear about that house closing. Keep us posted.

9:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

I'm having problems with the darn link to my brother's fire captain post. I'll try this one more time and then I'm going to just forget about it!

Here it is. I hope.

9:39 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home