A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Let me eat cake, or what I've been doing lately.

Thanks for all the tips on how to indulge myself with some chocolate cake. You all are genuises and I'm keeping all your suggestions like recipes to take out and use in dire circumstances.

Perhaps like the one tonight where Shmoo is moping around the house because he and the GF are not getting along. There were slammed doors after school and angry AIM messages this evening. Seeing my usually witty, contrary and smart ass son dragging his chin around the house was enough to send me for chocolate cake. I had to do something to console myself so GG improvised and presented me with a Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream cone. I'm ashamed to say...IT WORKED!!!! I did feel better after the ice cream. Shmoo however...not so much.

The internet has been working better, but now I'm competing for time with my boys who have school work. I'm still looking for another provider. So far having problems finding "room" for us. Aaargh! Anyway, seeing as how during the day I'm at work it cuts into my computer time somewhat. Now that I get up at 5:30 a.m. I don't even have the early mornings to log on and keep up. I'm doing my best to make the rounds so bear with me.

I have been reading. Hip-hip-hooray!! I've finished TIED TO THE TRACKS by Rosina Lippi...good book. I just finished Lisa Marie Rice's DANGEROUS LOVER which I also liked. DL probably should have had more depth to the story but it stayed so focused on the H/H and it's pretty steamy, which I was in the mood for, so it worked for me. But I was really stoked to get REASON TO BELIEVE by Maureen McKade today. I'm already more than half way through it and really digging it. You just can't argue with a good western and Ms. McKade is just stellar in writing such fully drawn characters.

It's still hot and humid. I guess summer weather has been kicking some booty around the U.S. this year. So hey...stay cool out there.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

hi Rosie :D

sorry to hear that your son is unhappy.. hopefully, they'll make up soon :D mmm, ben & jerry ice cream... I want some.

happy you've been reading also :D are you going to review them?

4:57 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

You'll have the McKade done before I will. I only got 60 pages read yesterday. Working for a living really sucks.

7:57 AM PDT  
Blogger Mailyn said...

Cake is always a good thing. I'm not a choco lover myself but I did have the best chocolate key lime truffles ever! Yesterday went grocery shopping and they had a box so I just had to have one. LOL.

I've been reading as well...and I'm not to happy about the last book. LOL.

3:47 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

I couldn't get cake so I bought four chocolate bars and have managed to eat only one. Course I'm up for a bit more yet. Ugh.

Sorry about Schmoo but yay on the ice cream. Ice Cream can cure any number of ills!

I'm trying to read Evanovich but I'm not much on the caring side.

Oh! And no worries on getting around, just post a blog to let us know you still love us ;) Life happens and 5:30am should be a bedtime ;)

CIndyS

11:33 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, he's okay. They've patched things up for now. Who knows about tomorrow. Ben & Jerry, two guys who really know their ice cream. Yum!

Zeek,which one did you try? I just finished A REASON TO BELIEVE, and it was good, but A REASON TO LIVE was exceptional.

Wendy, I powered through it pretty quickly. I'm all done. A very good book. I'm already wondering what she's going to do in A REASON TO SIN.

Mailyn chocolate key lime truffles? Dark chocolate? Sounds so good right now. They sell those chocolates in your grocery store? I'd have to go to a special candy store to get good chocolate like that.

Cindy, okay now you have to tell me what the candy bars were. :) As I told Nath Shmoo is doing better. So much angst...

3:43 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home