A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Clueless in Cali

I think I've been watching TV. Scary that. You might wonder why I'm so unsure? Well, I frequently am snuggled up with GG while HE is watching TV and I'm reading. Most of the time I can tune things out. But, I've found it's not easy snuggling up to someone tensed up over an AB for Cabrera or Blake or Rodriguez... Or a guy wondering if Paul Byrd is going to be able to pitch 6 innings against the Red Sox.

What's scary about that is that I didn't know any of these names two weeks ago. But poor ole GG who grew up near Cleveland, Ohio, is a beleaguered fan of the Browns and the Indians.

Last night the Cleveland Indians clinched a trip to the World Series. Ordinarily this would not impact me or my life an iota. However, since I realized the tbr isn't shrinking, I'm still reading C.L. Wilson's THE LORD OF THE FADING LANDS I'm pretty certain I've had my eyes on the boob tube and not a book.

I'm either going to have to go into another room, a girl's gotta read after all, or give in to the torture of watching the World Series with the guy I live with. If they lose, it will be ugly, but if they win...

***ETA***

Thanks to Super Wendy my true cluelessness has been revealed. Apparently the Indians have NOT clinched a trip to the World Series yet. They have a day off today and will play the Red Sox again on Thursday where I hope for GG's sake they win their trip to the World Series. I must have been doing some reading in there after all.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

LOL, huge dilemma :D I was going to ask you if you were interested in doing a buddy review for THE LORD OF THE FADING LANDS... i havne't started the book yet, but was going to :D

and I think it's sweet that you're getting familiar with the baseball players just by snuggling up to GG :D

8:25 AM PDT  
Blogger Daphne said...

At least the TV watching is baseball and not some other garbage I've seen.

I'm so bad, I have no clue what's going on with baseball right now and everyone at work talks about it.

8:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

The Indians aren't in the World Series yet! It's a best of 7 series and the Indians are up 3-1. If they win tonight, then it's World Series time.....

8:58 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I had someone try to talk to me about the Colorado Rockies a few weeks ago. I asked, "What do they play?" Poor guy looked a me like I was from another planet. I just don't follow baseball. I know a few team names, but that's about it.

9:01 AM PDT  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I say give in and watch with him. You can torture him later by making him go to pottery barn or something.

12:07 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, a buddy review? Sounds good to me. Let me know when you are ready. Knowing players' names is scary. I don't know how that happens!

Daphne, I really only pay attention when the play offs come around. And lucky for me even though GG is a fan he's not insane about it.

Wendy, you've exposed the depths of my ignorance and worse how truly clueless I am. I stand corrected. GG is cringing in a corner somewhere.

Dev, I can actually watch baseball and basketball and enjoy a game. Football, not so much.

Travis, after 27 years my skills at negotiating are honed to a fine point. Believe me there will be pay back. :-)

3:07 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Now who's ignorant? I thought they were playing TONIGHT - but it's Thursday! Geez.

4:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home