A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Desktop Free View Meme



Here's how you play:

A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. You can do a screen capture by going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key). Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V).

If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.


B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of icons. Things like that.


C. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.


D. Add your name to this list of Free Viewers with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants.

My desktop photo is courtesy of author Louisa Trent. I first started reading Ms. Trent's books back when she was with Ellora's Cave some four years ago. Currently she writes for Loose-Id. Anyway LT is a magnificent gardener and posts pictures of her garden each year. This past spring when I spied this photo on her site I emailed her and asked if I could use it for my desk top. I love it. Although I guess I should think about something more autumn-y don't you think?




I rarely tag anyone, but I enjoyed checking out all these desktop views so I'm going to tag:

Jenster
Becky
Nath
Alcoment
Wendy

The list of Free Viewers so far is:


iRonnie - I Set No Corner
Thess - Thesserie

Rebecca - Skippy Heart
Knoizki - A Dialogue With K
Beng - Kauderwelch
Tina- My Good Finds

Rachel - Heart of Rachel

Alice - Hello, My Name Is Alice

Julia - Julia's Books Corner!
Darla - Nichtszusagen

Marg - Reading Adventures

Holly - What Were you Expecting?

ames - Thrifty Reader

Dev - Good Reads
Rosie - Nobody asked me...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Nice desktop... I like the flowers :D and thank you for the tag :D

5:26 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I enjoyed this one and seeing what everyone has on their desktop. It's another peek about them.

6:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Pretty flowers! I really like the desktop, Rosie!

7:08 AM PDT  
Blogger Daphne said...

I like your desktop because you don't have a million icons on the side. It really bothers me when people save any and everything to their desktop and it becomes so cluttered.

Love the pic of the flowers.

8:36 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Very pretty!! I want to play, but I can't seem to figure it out. (too much time hanging with 2-year-olds). I'll have Todd help me tonight. :o)

11:05 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining!

12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

Pretty desktop. I tried to do it but can't figure it out. My computer is smarter than me.

2:31 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dev, thanks.

Daphne, I don't like a lot of stuff on my desk top. I can access files fairly quickly and rarely use shortcuts.

Jen, truthfully? I had to do it twice. But it's not hard. Todd will get you on your way.

ADWK, this was fun. Thanks for stopping by.

Giselle, does it help to know that when you hit the 'Print Screen' button nothing happens? That's why I ended up doing it twice. I thought something would flash or move or something. Just go to the next step and hit control 'v'. You'll be fine.

5:57 PM PDT  
Blogger alcoment said...

Ooo, pretty desktop!

I'm really sorry, I've only just noticed that you tagged me for this (bad blogger!). I promise that I will rectify the situation and take part when I can - though my desktop is nowhere near as nice as yours!

2:10 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home