A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

SoCal



Guess where we were yesterday? Yes, we went to Disneyland. We had one of those rare days where we were all off the whole day so we grabbed it for some family time. We had lots of fun and the park was fairly quiet until around 8 p.m. when all the date-night couples came. I loved all the decorating Disney did for Fall and who doesn't love Jack Skellington at the Haunted Mansion?

As a result my feet are a little worse for wear this morning. So I'm trying to decide whether or not to go swimming before the big meet up today with the other SoCal bloggers. Yep, you read that right. Today is the BIG DAY.

Now, the kind of decision I like to make is trying to decide which place to eat while enjoying the company of some real cool chicks. Of course that will be after we meet and shop at one of my favorite bookstores. It's nice to know the toughest decision I'll be making today is whether or not to eat at
YARD HOUSE and choose from this menu or CHEESECAKE FACTORY and this menu. These are the sorts of big time head scratchers I can live with.

Between the trip to Disneyland and the SoCal meet up I'm feeling pretty darn good this morning. So, for your viewing pleasure, and in celebration of my good mood, check this out. Love the movie, get a kick out of Jack Black and I'm all about the "conversation stimulator". Sue me, the song makes me happy.







In case you were wondering or missed it the first time around. Here's our group.

Holly
Wendy
Nikki
Lori
Rowena
Daphne
Rosie

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

Color me jealous ~ twice. I haven't been to Disnleyland in over 20 years (but I went to Disneyworld about 4 years ago). Again, wish I lived closer so I could join you. Have a blast!

9:08 AM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Disneyland was quiet? Wow...maybe I should take note of the time of year...last time we were there it was so crowded it was no fun. I kept worrying about losing our son in the crowd.

As for Yardhouse...MMmmmm...their Mac&Cheese on steroids (I can't remember what it's called, but it has applewood smoked bacon and a hint of truffle oil in it) is yum, especially when followed with Creme Brulee for dessert ;0). As for Cheesecake Factory...I've never met a cheesecake I didn't like (but my favorite is the Godiva Chocolate one...We're going there Sunday!

10:44 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dev, if you ever decide to come to Disneyland, which by the way is much closer to you than Disney World, you could kill two birds with one stone. Meet us AND go to Disneyland. What do you think? ;)

Becky, we bought the Disney pass which is good for both parks (Disney & California) and has unlimited use except for blackout days which are all the busiest times.

We've lucked out the last two times going during the week on off peak times especially since Apple Valley schools are on modified year round and are out when LA and OC schools which are traditional are in session. It was fun.

BTW, I had the Godiva cheesecake today. I actually ended up splitting it with Lori. It was delicious.

9:57 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm like Homer Simpson, drooling over his doughnuts...Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake...glahhhhaahahaha. ;0)

10:32 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

*sigh* I miss Disneyland. It was like my second home.

I like the Kahlua Cheesecake at C.F. YUM!

7:06 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home