A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

The devil made me do it.

See anything new on my sidebar? Does he rock? Yeah...he does! I came close to re-reading DEVIL IN WINTER by Lisa Kleypas and ignoring the tbr, but I was in Barnes and Noble waiting for GG on Tuesday and stuff happened. Which is code for I bought more books. Which means I won't be re-reading DEVIL IN WINTER anytime soon. I don't think...unless I start reading all those excerpts fellow Sebastian lovers are posting on their blogs. Very swoon worthy.

Anyway, my Barnes and Noble, as I've mentioned a time or two, is not the swiftest shelving new releases. So, I was surprised to see ICE STORM by Anne Stuart and BLOOD FEVER by Karen Marie Moning out already since they are technically November releases. Of course I had to pick those up. They weren't the only books I bought either. Since I got an ARC of CAINE'S RECKONING by Sarah McCarty didn't I have to BUY a copy of the book to show my support for Sarah? Of course I did. Then I'm still reading Iris Johansen and her new hardcover PANDORA'S DAUGHTER was out so I picked it up as well.

I did actually hesitate to buy all of them since one was a trade sized book and two were hard covers. That's actually biting into my November book budget. GG, darling man that he is told me to "just get them". Maybe his reading some of my books is influencing him? Nah. Truth be told he's always been pretty indulgent with my book purchases. Helps to have met and married a guy who likes to read too.

You'd think those books would be enough. But nooooooo! After somewhat of a dry spell from ebooks, I actually purchased a couple of books from Loose Id this week too. Those are in addition to a lovely gift from author TL Schaefer of the ebook BROTHERHOOD which she so kindly sent to me when I had my big fat whiner day last week.

Could I be any happier to have these lovely books? No! Now I just have to carve out the reading time. Who needs food or clean clothes? Or a clean house, or the bills paid, or swimming, or blogging, or...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger CindyS said...

Ohh, Anne Stuart - I'm waiting for Sybil to put up my review already - hope you like it!

I'm in Lover Unbound right now.

CindyS

11:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

I think I'lm lucky I live on the other side of the Atlantic ocean from a Barnes and Noble, lol.
My allowence would be LONG gone!!

1:38 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Nice shopping spree Rosie! :D I think i've been seeing the new Karen Moning around for at least a week or two already. Also, you know, Mira books (which publish Anne Stuart's new book) always appear in the bookstore at least one to two weeks earlier than their release date :D hope you enjoy reading :D and you're lucky that GG is indulgent :D

4:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Everybody is probably going to have Bloodfever read before me since I'm waiting on a library copy (and wouldn't you know it, I'm like 7th on the waiting list).

I haven't been book shopping in forever, which is probably a good thing. I'll probably go within the next couple of weeks though cuz I need to pick up Sarah's book.

I'm still reading Harlequins and right now I'm working on a mystery from Kimani Press - The Company You Keep by Angela Henry. I've only managed the first chapter, but so far I'm quite intrigued....

6:47 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I'm waiting to read Darkfever and Bloodfever until I after I read KMM's highlander series. I bought them all last year ~ and have yet to read them!

Sounds like a great shopping trip, Rosie!

7:11 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

LOVE the sidebar! :o)

You just need to have your priorities in order, Rosie. Reading -- and everything else.

There!

8:40 AM PDT  
Blogger Saz said...

Hi Rosie! I've been getting my books via a book swap on line. I just ordered 2 and can't wait to sink my eyeballs into them.

Here's to good reading!!!

Sue

5:05 PM PDT  
Blogger Gigi said...

LUV the sidebar!!
And I've been haunting my mailbox waiting for the Stuart book and the North and South DVD. U and Kristie made so curious I said the heck with the budget and splurged.

BTW, I'm sure you can squeeze a re-read of DiW in somewhere. You know u want to...

5:14 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, I'm about half way and loving it. I saw your "Sitch" post and am thinking you don't feel the same about Lover Unbound.

Sam, if a person's determined to spend they'll find a way. I got ebooks didn't I? :)

Nath, I saw on your book haul you got the new Kresley Cole. I haven't seen that one yet.

Wendy, I'm immersed in the Anne Stuart book right now. Don't know when I'll read BLOODFEVER. It's all about the mood with me.

Dev, it's not quite your haul from the library, but you spent a lot less. Good thing I have a generous book allowance.

Jenster, isn't that little GIF cute? I'm so proud of myself because I had to resize it from the website to get it to fit on the sidebar.

Sue hey, welcome to the neighborhood! *clink* *clink* I'm raising my glass to yours. To good reading!

Giselle, I ordered NORTH AND SOUTH too. I'm hoping to have it by the weekend. I'm halfway through the Stuart and enjoying it a lot. As for DiW...we'll see.

6:09 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sending a kiss* Thanks so much for the support Rosie. That's way above and beyond.

9:46 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sarah, I so appreciate the ARC and being able to read the book early. I'm already salivating for the next one... How could I do anything else?

10:04 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home