A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Reading, Baseball, A New Adventure, Knotts Scary Farm, HEAs, & Swimming

I finally started my ARC of EVERMORE by Lynn Viehl today. I'm 60 pages in and loving it. Boy that woman can write. This is another series that has stayed high in quality, remained consistent and still manages to have something new to add to the mix with each book. Feels great. I'm smiling typing this and can't wait to get back to reading it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the Cleveland Indians have to keep things interesting by NOT clinching a trip to the World Series at home and traveling back to Boston. Good thing we had swimming tonight because GG was strung tight as a drum when we left at the end of the 4th inning. The score was 2 to 1 Boston. When we got home the game was over and Cleveland had lost 7-1. I think I'll be in a different room on Saturday when they play again. Beanie is working the night shift and he was making phone calls and texting to check on the score. God help us all...okay ME...if the Indians don't manage to win one more game and move on.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A new adventure awaits over the horizon for me. I was recently asked to be a monthly contributor to the Readers Gab blog over at Access Romance. I will join the illustrious ranks of Kristie, Robin, Tara, and JMC sometime in November. I'm extremely flattered and want to do a good job for them. Besides I count on you all to let me know how I'm doing. You wouldn't let me make a monkey of myself...would you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


If you saw the title to this post you saw KNOTTS SCARY FARM. I'm sure you will be shocked to learn that Shmoo decided that GG & I could drive he and GF #1 to Knotts tonight. Of course this was one of the compromises offered earlier in the week that he initially turned down. Have I mentioned the kid drives us nuts? Anyway, all's well that ends well. I actually went over to GF #1's house and met her parents today. Very nice people. Since Shmoo and GF #1 seem to have patched things up and he's annoyed with GF #2 I'm thinking meeting her parents is a good thing. Or maybe I'm just happy because there's been no drama this week. Praise be.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I was over at Bam's yesterday and read this post about HEA's of our favorite romance couples. In her remarks Bam mentioned one of my all time favorite couples Roanna and Webb from SHADES OF TWILIGHT by Linda Howard. Those of you who visit here frequently know that this is one of my most beloved romance novels. It is also one of the few I've read more than once, or twice for that matter. Anyway, I couldn't resist posting my thoughts on what I think happened to them after the book ends... You're dying to know aren't you? To save you a click here's what I said.

Webb and Roanna are one of my very fave couples. Since this is one of the few books I’ve read more than once I have given their future some thought.

Of course they have two little Tallants which Webb is thrilled about because he has a little Webb to raise to take over the family dynasty. Although Roanna has her horses as a diversion she gets distressed as Webb begins to drift further and further away as he obsesses over business. It isn’t until he realizes that Roanna is spending a lot of time with the new trainer and taking trips entering the horses in high stakes races that Webb wakes up and begins to court and woo her like she deserved to be the first time around.


I blame my mother for this. She's the one who'd sit with us and people watch and make up stories and HEAs about people all the time. It's why I don't particularly like epilogues in books. I'd rather think up my own future for the characters.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Last and certainly not least. Swimming. We've been steadily increasing the number of lengths of the pool we swim each week. One length is 25 meters for all of you with inquiring minds. Anyway, I used to be just wiped out after doing 10 lengths waaaaay back on June 4th when we started lap swimming. Now we are up to 40 lengths of the pool. FORTY people. It takes GG and I about 30 to 35 minutes of steady swimming to do this.

Anyway, tonight for some reason I started wheezing and having a tough time breathing. This happened one time before and I wrote it off as a fluke. I pushed myself and got 32 lengths in tonight. GG, of course, did his 40. All of which is irrelevant to my question for all your bright people out there. Has anyone ever had something like that happen? Wheezing starts and then labored breathing? It just exhausted me and I was pretty wiped out when swimming usually energizes me. We have a lot of asthma in my family and my Dad didn't get his until his 60s. You think it could be asthma? I know maybe I should go see my doctor, but I figure third time's the charm. I'll go if it happens again...or one of you gives me a diagnosis. So? What do you think?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope you've stopped with the wheezing. Did you make an appointment to see about it?

I love Evermore. It was great and I can't wait to buy the book (love its cover) to put with my collection.
Have you read L.L. Foster's book about the slayer?

7:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

Sounds like asthma or allergies ~ I'd go see the doctor.

I've never read Lynn Viehl. I may have to check into her at some point. First, I need to make a dent in my tbr pile :D

7:32 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Rosie my love. I'm a critical care respiratory therapist in my former life. It sounds to me like it might be exercise-induced asthma. You definitely need to get it checked out. Third time is NOT a charm. Make an appointment. Please. We love you too much to have anything happen to you.

On a brighter note - WTG for keeping it up and getting to 40 laps! WWaaaay more than my lazy ass could ever do!

8:56 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

Whhhooooo Hooooo on you joining Readers Gab at Access Romace. I'm glad to hear you're on board!!!

8:07 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

LOL, I LOVE people watching and trying to come up with HEA's for them! Funny...I didn't know anyone outside of my family did that!

Have you ever noticed that there are some couples where you just can't, no matter how hard you try, envision a HEA for them? Like some of the couples I saw at the Monster Truck rally at the fairgrounds a few years ago...

2:51 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Scooper, my chest was a bit tight on Friday, but I feel great now. The whole thing is weird.

I've finished EVERMORE now. Great book. I hope to get a review up here pretty quick. I have the LL Foster book but haven't read it. What did you think of it?

Dev, you'll have a treat when you decide to read this particular series because we are 5 books in and they've all been good. I love when I find a series and can read them back to back.

Lori, how do I get it checked out when it happens infrequently...will they be able to tell just by listening to my breathing? I feel dumb going to see the doctor when I feel fine right now.

Krisie, I'm nervous as hell but also excited. It's good to do things that challenge and excite us don't you think? I never want to stop learning and doing new things.

Becky, my favorite it so see a group of couples and without knowing them try to see if I can match the right pairs. It's so interesting to see how my perceptions from across a room measure up to reality.

9:10 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started off dragging. It felt to much like a Buffy remake. By the time I was half way through the book I began to feel better about it. It is not traditional at all. I posted a review of it for Romance Designs here:http://www.paranormalromancewriters.com/review.cfm?bookID=30937

9:49 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay that link sucked. If you go to romancedesigns.com and click on official reviews you'll see the book. If you click it it'll take you to my review of the book.

9:51 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Scoop the link worked for me. Thanks.

12:20 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home