A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Dear Beanie Boy....Happy Birthday to you!








My Beanie Boy is 21 years old today. The picture is of the cartoon character Beany Boy for whom my Beanie Boy is named. Yes, I actually call my oldest son, who has a perfectly lovely name, Beanie, Bean, Beanster among other things. Anyway I gave him the nickname when he was very small because the kid loved hats. I've mentioned his deep love for his Indiana Jones hat before, but in all reality the kid has always had a favorite hat that he's worn until the hat is no more.

Currently he switches between his CRAZY WHITE BOY hat that I personally loathe and his Cincinnati Reds hat. Don't ask me how a kid born and raised in SoCal can have love for the Cincinnati Reds but he does. I mean his Dad loves the Cleveland Indians for crying out loud. How can he pick the OTHER Ohio team?

It makes Bean sound like he's contrary, but he's not. He's got a big heart and is the sweetest guy. Just ask his girlfriend of...almost two years? I think it's two years, but don't quote me on that one. Anyway, it's incredible to realize how fast the years have flown by since we brought our little boy home. We brought him home from the hospital when he was just two days old. With lots of thick black downy hair, a sweet disposition, a healthy appetite, and a preference for his thumb over a binky, who wouldn't fall in love? We did that's for sure. After six long years of waiting, hoping, praying and adoption, we finally had our baby...our very own Beanie Boy.

I can hardly believe 21 years have gone by. GG and I are so proud of him. He's a great kid. Our nuclear family will celebrate today, but we are all excited about the big family trip to Las Vegas next weekend where we will celebrate not only his birthday, but other big milestone birthdays of other family members. Two turned 40 in September, one turned 30 in September, Beanie turns 21 in October and another turns 50 in November. Lots of milestones to celebrate.

This is a very good day.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

I hope Beanie has a wonderful birthday!

9:20 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

Awww, what a nice tribute to your birthday boy. I've always wondered where he got the name "Beanie", too, lol.

Hope his day was a good one!

10:06 PM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hey, at least he's not a ::shudder:: Yankees fan ::double shudder::

So, are you guys having cake? Heck the only reason I celebrate my birthday is get my hands on some cake....

2:39 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Beanie everyone. Yeah, we had some cake. I actually baked one and everything. Chocolate with chocolate was the order of the day for Beanie. Light, moist and yummy.

9:37 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Happy belated birthday to Beanie!!

I can't believe your trip is next weekend. I swear it felt like it would be months before you left. That means Christmas is closer than I think, doesn't it.

cindyS

1:57 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Happy belated b-day for Beanie Boy :D I hope he enjoys his 21st year :D

4:44 AM PDT  
Blogger Daphne said...

Aww I'm late, but happy belated to Beanie Boy. That pic is so cute.

He didn't get too crazy on his 21st did he?

12:19 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Daph, we were home with family and had some champagne so he didn't get crazy. I think he's saving it for Vegas this weekend.

2:50 PM PDT  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

I hope Beanie had a great day, and you too!

6:33 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home