A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Vegas Baby Vegas...

ARE YOU A TRICKER...
OR A TREATER?
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Well, I caught with all of my blog hopping last night because I probably won't have a chance to get back out here what with Halloween tonight, my sister and her family come tomorrow night and then on Friday we leave for the family birthday party in Las Vegas.

I have to admit that a week ago I was thrilled to bits. Now that I'm in the thick of getting ready and just had a new project dumped on me at work, well let's just say I'm a little less enthused. Shhhhh...don't tell Beanie because he's so excited he can't stand it. There is nothing that kid likes better than a room full of people and a party. In fact even though we have enough rooms and beds for everyone the cousins are already planning to all stay in the same room. God help us all.

I'm reading. My nose is buried in PANDORA'S DAUGHTER by Iris Johansen. No new ground, but I find I still like her books. I found out Deborah Smith's new book A GENTLE RAIN is available for order. Even though the link is to Amazon I think I actually ordered mine from Barnes and Noble. I'm hoping it gets here in time to take to Vegas to read. You can also order direct from Belle Books, Ms. Smith's (with others) very own pub company, but it's slightly more expensive that way.

It's my intention to do some "on the road" posts. If I get a chance to do them just remember I'm typing on my Treo. It's small and typos happen...

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Happy Halloween!!
I've got people coming for dinner too, so I have to get cooking and cleaning.
lol

3:09 AM PDT  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday's to those in your family who are celebrating!

4:17 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Happy Halloween to you, Rosie :D and don't worry, you're going to have a lot of fun in Vegas... I'm always excited when I go on a trip, but the few days before, everytime, I just don't want to go anymore... and then, I end up having a blast :D it's going to be the same for you :D and I can't wait for the posts on your trip :P

4:55 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, ain't life grand? Do the French celebrate some form of Halloween. I know All Souls Day followed by All Saints Day are big Catholic holidays (I did pay attention sometimes in CCD class) and wondered what they do in France.

Sue, thanks. The final count is 24 of us in Vegas. There are 8 cousins which are the older kids 16-21 in age. They are the ones who might get us thrown out of the hotel. The plans they have... I expect it will be a full time job keeping up with them.

Nath, like I asked Sue...how do you celebrate Halloween in Canada? You're right about the trip. I'll be happy once I'm there. For one thing all the sisters will be there and we always have fun together. We all go home hoarse from talking, talking, talking too. Keep your fingers crossed on my "on the road" posts.

6:46 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Well good luck on the Deborah Smith front. Amazon has been listing the laydown date as the 15th, but I just checked my Baker&Taylor database here at work and it just says "November 1." I need to order it still. I haven't been book shopping in a while, what with my acute case of TBR Guilt.

8:46 AM PDT  
Blogger Dev said...

I want to get Gentle Rain ~ maybe I'll hop over and get it this weekend. Because I need another book ~ you know, since I only have 400+ in the ole' TBR pile.

Have a great next few days, and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself once you actually get on the road and start doing things.

9:16 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

Oh, you'll have a great time when you get there! Have a great time and forget what they say about what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas 'cause I wanna hear all about it when you get back!!

4:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

You'll have fun hanging with your family and celebrating the birthdays. I'm with Nath...I always have those last minute second thoughts before trips, too and then have a really fun time.

10:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Daphne said...

Have a great time, and I wanna hear all about the Vegas trip when you get back. None of this "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" crap. Okay? :)

11:05 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home