A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Savages

I really want to see this movie. Really. I want to see it. However, I live in the land where the juvenile, the inane and the repulsively gory rule the day. I'm currently looking for it within a 50-mile radius. It's dark. It's funny. It's got Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Laura Linney. Looks deliciously witty. Can't wait.

Yes, I published this twice. The first trailer was Moviefone and was too tiny and poor quality. So I found this one on YouTube, but it has French subtitles. We are always trying to expand horizons here at Nobody Asked Me... n'est ce pas?



Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

That looks like SUCH a good movie. Thanks for posting the trailer. I wonder when it will get over to this side of the pond?

1:37 AM PST  
Blogger lisabea said...

Rosie~I can't wait to see this. While there isn't a bookstore for 20 miles, I do have an old artsy movie theatre (this town is filled with weekender New Yorkers) and we get all the indie movies.

My husband has to use that neck thing, which of course makes it even more absurd.

5:52 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, I'm amazed how quickly movies get distributed worldwide. I guess it will depend on how much popularity this one gains as it goes.

Lisabea, I hope you got some sleep last night. : ) You are soooo lucky. I'm sure this is playing in Orange County or the LA area. I don't mind driving an hour to go see it but I have to draw the line at 2 hours. At that point I'll have to wait for the dvd release.

6:36 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

You think being so close to La-La Land that all these artsy, small movies would playing all over the place, wouldn't you? I had the same issue with The Assassination Of Jesse James, starring Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck. Wasn't playing ANYWHERE near me, and now I'm waiting for it on DVD. Second week in February I believe.....

8:21 AM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

These are the kind of movies that suck me in with their promos and then have me wondering what I ever did to deserve such punishment ;) But it's got the real 'Hoff' - love him.

Have you seen Juno? I really want to see that one. I think it may be on DVD next week. One can hope!

CIndyS

11:45 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Wendy, one would think there'd be artsy indie theaters everywhere you look. Grrrr... I hoping the movie has some momentum and I'll get to see it. Some where. Some time. Soon.

Cindy, I've been sucked in a time or too by promos too. But I'm banking on Hoffman and Linney to at least make it interesting.

We have seen JUNO and it was excellent and vry funny. That script is very well written and Ellen Page just kicks it as Juno.

I don't think it' coming out on video next week. It was just released in December. The movie has a lot of buzz so for sure they will probably wait until after award season.

6:41 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home