A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Real Life




Things I'm doing
Grocery shopping for Easter Brunch, work, work and more work, doctors appointments with Shmoo, Easter cards, cleaning for said brunch, shopping for Easter baskets for sons (much) too old to still be conning & begging politely asking the "Easter Bunny" to bring them a basket, swimming, walking, and whining.


Things I'm NOT doing
Posting, commenting, writing a new post, reading, sleeping through the night.


Prognosis
I'll live and be smiling because the truth is I love family gatherings and holidays. Mostly.


And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine er...wine. Is 7 a.m. too early?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Honey, for Italians it's never too early for wine. Drink up, I'll toast you. :)

I decided to forgo brunch this year at my house and instead we're going out. We've never done that before, but I just couldn't handle the thought of actually cooking/cleaning so I could entertain 20+ a week after my honeymoon ended. Blech.

Good luck, babe. Sending positive vibes out. :)

7:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Easter tends to sneak up on me now that we live in California. Why? Neither The Boyfriend nor myself have family out here - so.....no big holiday meal. Seems kind of a waste for just the two of us. Right now I'm thinking it's steaks on the grill for Sunday - but jury still out :)

8:44 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Have fun Rosie :D and man, I wish I could get a Easter basket LOL :)

8:48 AM PDT  
Blogger Sam said...

Hoppy easter!!!

LOL

11:20 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Holly, I got such a laugh out of your comment. Italians and their wine...so true. In fact we are having Mimosas on Sunday. As for Easter brunch out, we've done that too. I just decided to do it at home this year. Monday morning I'll probably wonder why.

Wendy, steak sounds good. I'll have burned off Brunch by then. What time's dinner? ;-)

Nath, you could probably score one if you guilted or begged your Mom into it. I fall for it every time.

Sam, Happy Easter back at ya. Any special plans?

1:12 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Heh heh, I'm 25 and I make my parents buy me some chocolate still. I mean, they're already buying for my brothers! LOL

I'm so wiped with work, not even going to my grandparents for our big family dinner. :( I've got no energy.

BUT HAVE FUN!!

2:22 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, yeah, in my case I have little baskets for my (still) younger nieces and nephews, how do I not get it for my own two. Or, at least that's what they tell me. GG says I'm a sucker every time.

3:48 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home